What's new

Nacet Stainless by Gillette Czech S.R.O

I found these blades rather dull. Not as dull as the Dorco or what I remember the Merkur to be, but dull and tuggs on most areas of the face.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
2.00 star(s)
No longer available but one of the nicest Gillette blades I used and without a doubt the best European Gillette (for me). Not overly sharp but good enough to give a DFS without trouble. Smooth and pleasant on the skin and totally different from the other Euro-Gillette blades (bleue extra/supersilver/3 types of Astra/Rotbart). Not worth paying a lot for but when you can lay your hands on a pack of these just go for it. Got mine as a PIF but I will not return the offer; I will use them all by myself! Average longevity; 3 decent shaves on my beard.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Besides the awesome packagin (gold and purple crocodiles! come on!) these blades were no good for me. I used all 5 blades from the pack, and each of them tugged dragged and felt horrible, despite an excellent lather and a very shallow angle. Perhaps my beard is just too thick for these blades, or I somehow managed to get an entire pack of junk blades, but I would not recommend these. They are fairly cheap, but beyond that and the packaging, they offer little else for the wet shaver.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
If you want to try the Nacet experience, try exfoliating with gravel and it'll give you some idea of the torture you are lining yourself up for. They're so dull you'll find yourself yearning to be in a book club review of war and peace. They actually make Merkur's feel sharp, thats just how bad they are. If you can get a decent shave with these blades then you must have a beard like gossamer.
Their only redeeming feature is the eco friendly packaging, which doesn't really help with your shave. If you're a masochist, fill your boots, otherwise avoid like the plague.
Did I mention I don't rate these blades?

N.B I've rated them as a one for price because you shouldn't have to pay for these.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Longevity
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
0.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
0.00 star(s)
I received that from UK. Thanks Pat!
I found that blades to be quite good : very sharp, I will compare it to Merkur or Dorco. It's a bit more aggressive than let's say IP's but less than Feather.
A very good product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Price: I think the price is fair compared to other razors.

Quality: They seem to be consistent from blade to blade.

Sharpness: I would put the between IP and Derby for me. I had to take several pass to get all the hair.

Longevity: I was able to get 5 shaves out of the blade. I normal can only get 3 to 4 from most other razors blades.

Smoothness: I have to say that the blade was nice I never got any kind of razor burn or nicks using them. I even turned up my Slim to 9 with out any harm.

Packaging: I prefer a plastic container.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I also received these blades as part of a sampler from Suffolk Supplies. Looking at the pricing, I think it's OK. Better than Euro Gillettes unless you can find someone to trade with.

I really didn't notice the thickness until someone else had mentioned it. The double packaging is a plus.

Sharpness wise, I think floppyshoes is right on. Not as sharp as Derbys or IPs (which I think are almost exactly the same sharpness), but sharper than Merkurs. Which, unfortunately, isn't saying much.

Longevity: I got 5 good shaves out of them before I found a need to make another pass before getting a good shave.

Smoothness: The first shave out of these blades was harsh for me, but that's also true for almost all the blades I've tried. Not as harsh as IP's, which literally stopped me from using them, but still a little rough. After the first rough shave, and the second semirough shave, these blades smoothed out nicely for the last 3 shaves.

Packaging: Packaging isn't a big deal, but I favor plastic razor cases and wax paper wrapped blades. I shave at the gym 5 days a week, and sometimes I have to put away my dopp kit a little wet. This obviously affects the cardboard packaging, but doesn't affect the actual blades b/c of the individual blade wrapping.

I like these blades, but won't be reordering. I've found the minimum sharpness of blade I can handle is Derby. Otherwise, due to the lack of sharpness, I find myself using pressure. So these blades tend to make me pick up that bad habit. But if you've got sensitive skin and a light beard, these might be the best blades for you.

~Joshua
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
3.00 star(s)
Price: I received these blades as part of a sampler from Suffolk Supplies. Looking at the pricing to buy some, I think it's pretty decent. IMHO, I can't knock down pricing because of shipping costs from the UK to Canada.

Quality: These blades seem slightly thicker than others I've used (I.e.: Derbys, Merkurs and Feathers). Other than that, I'm in no way qualified to comment.

Sharpness: Not as sharp as Feathers or Derbys, I find them comprable to, or slightly better than, Merkurs.

Longevity: I've only used one blade for 3 shaves, and it has no intention of giving up the ghost yet.

Smoothness: I found this blade very nice in mild razors (Merkur LH Classic or a Gillette Tech) but I got some burn in my Futur set on 3.

Packaging: I find the little cardboard case a little chincy & cheap. I don't know if this is just the sample pack or if more will come like this. I do, however, love the double wrap on the blade itself.

In all I find this a good blade. I haven't been DE shaving long enough to say I'm committed to blade 123 or ABC, so i think I can look at them with an open, unopiniated, if not untrained mind.

Would I buy these blades - yes, but right now, for use in mild razors only.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Sharpness
3.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
My numbers say it all, but here's an elaboration.

Price: While I recieved these blades as a sample from suffolksupplies, the listed price is fair. Not the cheapest blades out there, but not outrageous.

Quality: These blades are on the thick side and the finish/coating seems to be pretty good. The bevel is visibly shallower than feathers or derbies, indicating they are geared more towards longevity than initial sharpness. Under magnification, the edge is consistent and clean.

Sharpness: A few marks are lost here, I found it was a little rough. It was, however, acceptable. I would say this is a great beginners blade, it provides a reasonably comfortable shave and forgives mistakes. In terms of shapness, this is how I would rank Nacets in comparison to others...

American Persona
Wilkinson Sword
Merkur
Nacet
IP
Derby
Swedish Gillette
Feather

Longevity: For me, about 6 shaves (one week), which is pretty good. I took a derby to 7 once, but that was a fluke. Overall great longevity.

Smoothness: There's a little resistance, but it's constance and relatively light. They don't get as close as some of the high end blades, but they also don't get TOO close. Nice, middle of the road performance.

Packaging: Cardboard case with double wrapped blades, 5 to a box. I think I'd prefer 10 per box, but that may be getting a bit picky. I also prefer a dispenser to a cardboard box, but again, I can live without one.

In all, a nice, average, workhorse blade.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)
I started searching for good affordable blade since I bought my Merkur progress last year. I have tried Wilkinson Sword Classic, Merkur, Tesco, Personna & Gillette Platinum but Nacet for me are the best.

They last as long & with the quality of Merkur, but provide a really smooth shave. There also sharp & work really well with my adjustable razor.
The packaging is a bit old fashioned & they are quite hard to find.

I found them through ebay from suffolksupplies.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Longevity
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Sharpness
4.00 star(s)
Smoothness of Shave
4.00 star(s)