What's new

My Time Bath & Body Menthol Cream Shaving Soap

Price: low price for the ingrediants that is used
Quality: does what it is supposed to do and it does it well
Scent: I put a 10 here because it does not have really have an added smell
Latherability: this is not a soft cream,so I find that is works best if you let the cream that you are going to use soak in warm water and then pour out the water before lathering
effiancy: a little goes a long way
Moisturizing: it will not leave your face dry
Packaging: who cares about packaging

Paul
This stuff is simply fantastic! I ordered it with the menthol at 10, and a medium lemon scent - WOW! 99.9% natural ingredients, super slick, inherently dense, and so moisturizing I actually needed a little extra rinsing after my usual cold after rinse. Nice recyclable tub, too:)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
If I could blend Roman Moronie from the movie "Johnny Dangerously", and Reginald "Red" Forman from "That 70's Show" for a moment:

Holy fargin crap! :thumbup:

I'm relatively new to the world of wet shaving. My choice in creams and soaps has been conservative (C.O. Bigelow/Proraso, various and sundry C&E concoctions). Based on the reviews on this board, and considering I'm wandering into the hot and muggy Ohio Valley summer, I thought I'd try something that would cool my face.

Allow me to repeat; Holy fargin crap!

After having tried Jean's 10/10 menthol cream, I would now consider myself a certifiable "menth-head". Jean's 10/10 menthol is tub of freeze-o-licious goodness that is not for the faint of heart.

In my estimation, this is very a high quality cream. It took a bit of work to lather the stuff, with a bit more water than I'm used to adding, but the work was well worth it - a smooth glide for my razor and not even a hint dryness left behind. I was left with a very smooth, and very chilly, face. Top shelf stuff.

Highly recommended.

To answer the unasked question; Yes, the Osage order is enroute.
I purchased this after I read the reviews here. It was spot on what I was looking for - freeze your face off menthol.

I got the menthol bug after I tried proraso. It had a nice feel, but didnt have the kick I was looking for. Found the reviews here - and the rest is history. Someone put this as 3x the proraso kick - I'd put it closer to 8-10x.

I would recommend this cream to any serious menthol-head. Jean is great to work with, and had it shipped out promptly. Great customer service and a great product!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I bought this because I love minty "freeze your face" products. Recommended by other members I decided to give it a try. Jean provided great costumer service, you really can't ask for much more. When I finally got hold of my 10/10 menthol with a hint of eucalyptus and tea tree I noticed that the cream was brown not white as most(not a problem). I put a bit in my bowl and went to work. It took longer to lather and required some extra water but when I got it going, boy did it lather up nicely. Lets talk about the menthol. Whoa. It is about 3x the freeze power of Proraso cream and 2x the power of Proraso Pre/Post. This stuff is intense, perfect for the guy who likes icy cool skin. I have to say Im a big fan of this stuff. It provided the same quality lather as my TOBS and Proraso creams. It will give you a luxurious lather that is very slick and very cooling. Enjoy!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
As a lifelong Chicagoan who loves our winters I couldn't pass up the chance to get myself a tub of the MTBB mentholated cream and boy am I glad I grabbed some. This is a fantastic cream of very high quality. It is slick, moisturizing, and frankly it is very reasonably priced. But that isn't why I got it. The cooling effect of Jean's menthol cream is legendary, and for good reason. I've experienced some good aftershave cooling, but nothing like this during the shave. Just amazing. I wish I'd gone a little more hardcore and asked for more menthol, but in the end it is still worth every penny.

I think next time I'm setting up a fan in the bathroom to get a cross breeze going to really jack up that chilled face sensation.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This purchase started out as a quest to find my friend the coolest, feezingest, mintiest shaving cream ever...well stop the presses after much input by the shavers I ordered my friend and I some of Jean's Menthol cream level 10. Mr. Freeze would've suffered from Frostbite if he shaved with this, it's so cold I put my Mojito (with Havana Club) in the tub to keep my drink chillin'. I can't add anything but this...if cold is what you seek, don't mess 'round and beat feet to My Time Bath and Body for one heck of frozen face kinda party!:em2100: With all sorts of apologies to Nipsey Russell!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
After reading the reviews on this stuff I had to try. When Jean asked on the scale of 1-10 question I got nervous! Of course I am a man so I full blast! 2 days later being shipped from CA to GA:w00t: I got my package with samples of EO orange and the GIT with some sniffies of eucalyptus, balsam, and leather(little vials of oils). Everything smelled awesome! Back to the menthol. First I lathered up and didnt need to shave but what the hell.....I lathered my face up. OMG:w00t:Let is sit on my face for a minute and cold water rinse. Zippity doo daa! Permafrost? what? who? back of the bus. This AM I decided to break it down a bit by dropping a dollop in the scuttle and lathering my brush up with QED lime and went to town. Absolutely incredible. This stuff is awesome stuff. The only thing that I did not care for but is simply cosmetic is the color of the stuff. A little beige but probably the sign that it is homeade. I cant knock the smell b/c it is just menthol! I asked and I got it. This was really just a trial for me and it passed with flying colors. Jean has no problem doing customs so I think I will order maybe a menthol 7/10, eucalyptus, tea tree blend, with a tad bit of balsam or pine? Now that is going to be out of this world!!!!!!!! Kudos to Jean!!!!
I bought this cream after reading this review. I ordered the "10 out of 10" menthol, and boy, was this review dead on; the cream is solid, lathers-up great, sticks to the skin, and nearly froze my face off.

It is, by a huge margin, the most mentholated cream I've used.

The transaction was as smooth, pleasant, and quick as one could hope for. I most definitely will be back for more, if & when I ever run out of this stuff (I bought two 5-oz. tubs, which should last about two years in my estimation)
I bought this based on the review given and it was dead-on. Soon after the order I got an email asking what level of menthol 1-10. I responded "freeze my face off". I got the soap and it comes more like a hard cream, easy to scoop out a dollap. The smell made me want to have a stuffed nose and keep it on my upper lip to whiff.
I shaved with it this morning. At first, I thought I felt no coldness or such. Then I realized it was because my face was frozen already:w00t:
I have found my freeze my face shaving product.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
In the past, when I have felt the urge to freeze my face into oblivion, I have reached for Tryphon's Permafrost soap. Nothing has ever come close to matching its mentholated slap in the face. Until now.

A few weeks back, inspired by a thread on tallow based soaps, I ordered a few tubs of cream from My Time Bath & Body. I didn't really know what to expect but, at $9 for a huge tub, I wasn't too concerned. Jean (the artist who makes the cream) e-mailed me about the menthol cream and asked how strong I wanted it, on a scale of 1-10. I told her, "Bring it on...give me 10." She did, and now I couldn't be happier.

This stuff not only knocks Tryphon's Permafrost out of the ring and sends him crying to his mother. It also goes to his house, burns his clothes, steals his car and turns him into a humiliated, sniffling, bed-wetting wreck of a soap. Get the picture? This cream is not for the faint of heart...it packs more menthol than you will know what to do with. I'm serious.

Now, the review:

Price: At $9 for 5 ounces of extremely dense cream, it is hard to find any fault. I can imagine that a tub will last an extremely long time, even when used regularly.

Quality: No complaints here. The cream is home made, like many of the products we enjoy, and you can feel its quality with every swipe of the blade.

Scent: There is not much to say about the scent of a menthol cream. If you have smelled menthol, you know what to expect.

Latherability: The first time I used this stuff, I had a bit of trouble working up a good lather. I was using a bowl and, as it turns out, way too much water. Now, I lather it on my face and everything works out much nicer. Once you nail the ratio, it is smooth sailing.

Efficacy: As far as I'm concerned, a mentholated shave cream should do two things: freeze your face and give you a close shave with no irritation. This cream does both, and it does both very well. The cooling sensation begins from the beginning of the shave and it lasts until about an hour afterward. My shaves are consistently good with this cream...extremely close and absolutely no irritation.

Moisturizing Properties: Again, no complaints in this area. My face has a tendency to get really dry sometimes, but I have no problems when I'm using this stuff.

Packaging: The cream comes in the exact same tubs as the QED soaps. Nice and sturdy.

Perhaps it is a bit tacky to give a product all 10s, but that is honestly how I feel about this cream. Jean provides wonderful customer service and has always responded quickly to my e-mails. If you are intrigued by this review, head on over to My Time Bath & Body and prepare to be changed!

Ingredients (for those interested):

Aloe Barbadensis (aloe vera) juice, Tallow (beef), Stearic Acid, Potassium Hydroxide, Olea Europaea (Olive) oil, Propylene Glycol, Prunis Amygdalus Dulcis (Almond) Oil, Glycerin, Theobroma Cocoa (Cocoa) Butter, Sodium Lactate, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Oil, Fragrance, Peg 150 Distearate, Sugar, Clay (Bentonite), Sodium Hydroxide, DMDM-H (Preservative), Silk Fibers
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)