What's new

Musgo Real

Pros: Scent is awesome
Cons: Menthol
Other than the fact I think I'm allergic to menthol, I love this product. The scent blows me away and that's why I still use it periodically. The cream lathers great, and plenty for three passes. You don't need a lot to get the job done. Love the metal tube it comes in. And did I mention the scent!
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lathers with incredible ease
Cons: None
I have many creams. Musgo is excellent, very easy to work with. A must try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Skeptical but Now In Love
Started wet shaving a year and half ago. Went a little cray at first and bought several types of soaps and creams. Musgo, Proraso and T&H 1805 were some of the first, mostly due to reviews. I only used the hydrate and bowl method of lathering. T&H, awesome lather, funky scent but, love it in a weird kinda way. There is no scent in that stuff that I can identify! Anyway, I always had trouble getting a good lather with Musgo and Proraso but loved the scent of both and continued to use them. Although I knew of face and palm lathering, there was just something about building a voluminous amount of lather in a bowl that had always intrigued me. Then, an epiphany (of sorts), I went on YouTube to see how others lathered with Musgo and see what I was doing wrong. Found one who face lathered and it worked great for him so, I gave it a try. MAGIC! Wet my brush, shook off most of the water, put a dab of Musgo on tip and went to work. Was dry so dipped in water and worked it some more. Just a little more water and voilà, perfect lather and one of the best shaves of my life! And, enough for a second and third pass. I am a definite face lathering convert!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Great lather, good pricing
Cons: none
Can't do much better than these products. Now that they've expanded the line with new scents, they should be on everyones acquisition lists!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Musgo Real cream is nicely-scented in a traditional barbershoppy way with pretty good lather which is easy enough to create. My skin is quite sensitive yet I really don't get any irritation or burning sensation from the lanolin, whereas MWF soap worked terribly on me. It doesn't really moisturize my skin all that well but it doesn't dry it out so much either. Price-wise, I would rate it as quite reasonable.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent
Cons: Performance
Despite all the hype, I found this to be a rather average cream. Performance is about on the level of Palmolive, although the cream is not as harsh on the skin as Palmolive. It lathers easily and provides good glide (probably due to the Lanolin) but did nothing to soften the beard. Protection from the blade also was nothing spectacular. I didn't notice any of the fabled skin-care properties. IMHO both Florena (at 1/10th the price) and Speick (less than half the price) are better products. The only good point is the scent, which, while nothing special, is agreeable. It goes a bit in the same direction as Proraso green but is not as obtrusive and musty as that one.

Verdict: Supermarket quality at boutique price (EUR 10.60 for a 100ml tube, about $14).
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
Pros: Great scent, Protective lather, easy to lather up.
This is my go-to cream

The scent, lather and slickness speaks for itself. I simply love this creams and all the aspects of the product. Compared to other high-end creams this is my number one choice, as well as my cheapest one.
I always make sure, I have atleast one tube in my den.

If you havent tried it yet, check it out, you would love the clean and shy scent. Definetaly a "must-have"

(The price (22 USD) is actually one of my cheapest creams, therefore it received a 10 on price as well.)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Excellent all around.
Cons: Very particular scent.
Great overall cream. The only reason I listed 8 for scent is because you'll either love it or hate it. It's a very wonderful smell to me, but grassy and organic. Some might not like that.

Overall - Excellent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Awesome scent and decent shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Moisturising, latherability, scent.
This is a really great cream, I got a basically new tube in a den clearout from cxg231. I tried it today, really smooth shave with a super scent (kinda "greenish"). I did not have any problems with a gummed up brush.

Price: Even at full price (~$15.00) it is a great deal.

Quality: Appears to be a top quality cream, nice texture.

Scent: Really nice green soapy scent that does not linger, makes me want to try the AS.

Latherability: Really shines, a nice creamy protective lather. Easy to whip up and not overly sensitive to the water/cream ratio.

Efficacy: Really nice smooth shave, easy glide, no burn.

Moisturizing Properties: This is where it gets really good. It left my face feeling moist but not greasy.

Packaging: Practical metal tube, it wont look pretty on your counter.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Lather and Efficacy are great. Price is reasonable.
Mungo Real is a very resonably priced shave cream. I love the scent which is kind of a fresh/clean scent. A small amout of cream yields a nice stiff lather. I use a little more water than most creams.

Efficacy is great and the cream provides a close and comfortable shave leaving your face smooth and moist.

All and all a very pleasant shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Performance
Cons: Scent
Very good performance; obvious from the plethora of positive reviews. I ding it because while I dont hate the scent, i just dont come back to it like I do with my other products. It is very moisturizing, and lathers well. I also ding the packaging; the cap doesnt twist tight and it's in a cheap toothpaste type tube. If you like the scent, go for it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Just not worth the hype. At the same time, if you want to know what all the hype is about, you may as well try it.

The smell really is soothing and nice, sort of an earthy green smell.

The container is smaller than I imagined it would be (it is less than 4oz.) and I have to use more of it than other tube creams in order to get a decent lather. Considering Musgo is also more expensive than Prorasso, Palmolive, Spieck, Erasmic and Ingram's, it seems like there are other creams to try.

It is not as slick as cheaper creams and also appears to dry a little quicker. I will gladly finish this tube of Musgo and enjoy the shaves that I have left, but I can't say that I will be replacing the tube soon after finishing it.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I have been working on a tube that I received for Christmas, and I use it
about 2 times a week. Love the scent, lathers very well, and I use mostly
a boar brush, but it works well. Always smooth and slick, and enjoy using.
I plan to keep some on hand for rotation.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I have spent most of my time collecting (and to a lesser extent using) after shave creams. Most of them high end ones. Musgo fits the bill as middle of the road, pricewise and for me, it does much more. Words like slick, cushioning and smooth are the words I associate with this cream. It does the job perfectly and is worthy of it's status up there in the pantheon of all time classic shaving creams. I find it doesn't cool my face, especially in the winter which is what I need.
My only regret is not havig discovered this cream at an ealier date.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is one of my favorite shaving creams. I find that it lathers easily and provides a slick cushioning shave. The scent is unique, not what you would normally expect in a shave cream, especially if you are used to the smell of Proraso or a bay rum sort of product. At first I was taken aback and had mixed feelings about the scent. However, after a couple of uses, I warmed up to the scent and now I enjoy the scent of the aftershave as well. At about 10 bucks a tube, I think the price is pretty good for what you get.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Its like Brut the shaving cream!!

Very masculine scent that lingers... the lanolin might have issues with my skin yet sometimes it irritates me sometimes it doesn't.. everyone needs to try it though. :thumbup:

It lathers very well, like someone mentioned it is very thick and scrumdiddlyumptiously slick.

It moisturizers fairly

Top quality for about 9 bucks.

Packaging is what is to be expected. Metal tube

GET IT:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
This is a really good shaving cream and a pleasure to use.

Musgo has some really good razor glide and the lather is very forgiving as long as you use enough product. Razor pressure is a non issue and you can become overconfident and take ya ear off if your not concentrating. Really is good stuff!

It has a wonderfull old school kinda barber smell but with a bit of royalty to it. I love the smell and this is a great cream to use in the winter and early spring. Finish off with proraso pre-post then a touch of Musgo aftershave followed by some Musgo aftershave balm and then on dry down finish with a touch more Musgo aftershave balm for a great shave.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Just got some of this over the weekend (along with aos sandalwood soap and CE Nomad Soap).

This is the cream for me, it is amazing.

After having performance issues with Proraso, burning from TOBS and Real Shaving Co., Scent issues with Nancy Boy, overall disappointment with Kiss My Face, Toms of Maine discontinued, and Every Man Jack being the worst cream ever......I have embraced Musgo with open arms.

As much as I get face burn from many soaps and creams, Musgo gives no burn, and smooth amazing shaves. The scent is an amazing grassy, cool, old school Euro Barbershop scent that I can't get enough of. This is easily one of my all-time favorite scents.

I would suggest this to all newbs and vets alike OVER Proraso. Sure Proraso is readily available, has that old school Italian man vibe, simple, effective, methol blast goodness...but it doesn't perform anywhere close to Musgo, and is the same price. Opting for Musgo is a step up in my opinion and I find Proraso to leave me with a few nicks everytime and a dried out face.

Get Musgo, you'll love it....and if not, BST will snatch it up in minutes.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
There are a few Musgo dissenters, I'm one. And disappointed, as the AS is top notch.

I get very mild lanolin burn with this, but only while it's on my face. If it were any good to shave with, I could live with it. But this cream needs a lot of water, and even then I find it drags, not in a skipping kind of way, more slow and rubbery.

I get way below par shaves with this, virtually anything else I care to use will get me a better result. Not only that, the moisturising properties suck up my AS, so I need to slather lots more on.

I moved this on after 5 shaves, and hope the next owner has a better result, as many do here. It may work for a lot of people, but not everyone.
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)