What's new

Musgo Real Soap

A fine soap except for the scent. I get the fresh cut grass/hay that others have commented on (well regarding the shaving cream anyway). There is additionally a sharper scent that is reminiscent of freshly chopped cilantro that I can't get used to. I bought this to try out the scent instead of buying the shaving cream or after shave, I won't be buying either one.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Wow, Musgo Real soap... It's excellent.

It's more expensive than Speick or your garden-variety supermarket brand, but at a low enough pricepoint that cost won't be prohibitive to making it your daily soap, especially if you find a good ebay/amazon source as djmike523 mentions above. Additionally, it lasts a LONG while. Twice as long perhaps as a bar of Speick or Ivory. Factor this in if you're concerned about price.

Smells good, milder-but-similar scent to the cream, handcream, and aftershave balsam I've tried. It doesn't linger long.

Wonderful for your skin! It lathers better than any other soap I've used, and you can feel your skin thanking you. I believe it's one of the finest soaps I've ever used in the skin-care category. It'll leave you smooth, clean, and overall healthier. I've less blemishes using Musgo Real.

Packaging is ordinary, it's green and holds the soap. Functions as it should.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
While this is undoubtedly a very high quality soap, the scent just doesn't do it for me. There is something very medicinal/clinical about the smell for me. However, if you enjoy the scent this is a great choice.

I would put this just a notch below Claus Porto in overall quality with slightly less latherability, moisturizing qualities and efficacy - though still a great quality soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
D
My soaps differ from the above picture a lot, but it clearly says "Musgo real glycerin soap ".I ordered 4 x 100 grams directly from Portugal, and I am far from impressed.It is a good glycerin soap, but nothing special.I do not think that adding glycerin + much coconut fat means reinventing the wheel.The scent is good, but very light, and it cannot handle me after a Muay Thai training, and I have to use a gel to clean.It came not in the original box, so I did not rate the packaging.While I do agree the scent makes you smell it over and over, I don`t think this is special.Compared to the L`Occitane Verbena soap with shea butter, however, this one is cheaper and feels more pleasant to he skin, while the other soa lathers faster and more efficient.Washing hands with the Musgo sucks, no scent, hard to lather :thumbdown
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Add this to my wish list....
About a year ago, my roommate was placing an order from...some website. He asked me if there was anything on that site I wanted (for just a little bit more $ spent he'd get free shipping). Having no knowledge on the brand or the scent I ordered the soap-on-a-rope, thinking it would be great to bring to the gym (it is!).

When the order came I was pretty suprised; immediately I recognized the smell of this soap as the pleasant smell of my deceased grandfather (very fond memories / sentimental value attached).

Even without the association to my grandfather, this soap rocks; smells awesome, moisturizes and lasts a pretty long time.

It cost about $8.50 for 6 oz. on a rope. It can be ordered on ebay -direct from portugal- MUCH more economically; four 5.64 oz bars (not on rope) for $13.97 delivered.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I argee 100% with the reviewer. After trying Musgo soap I haven't looked back.

It gets you squeaky clean, doesn't dry up your skin, smells great, lathers up easy and rinses right off.

Even if this was a pricey soap, which it isn't, it would still be my go-to one.

I dare say this is about as good as it gets. :smile:
Musgo Real soap is a great soap. I'm suprised no one has reviewed it yet?

This is a completely different soap to your supermarket brands. Very luxurious. It's a Claus Porto soap so it's a quality one.

It has a beautiful scent that is refreshing to smell and makes me feel great after a shower. I look forward to it. Cleans skin wonderfully without being drying. It might be a bit pricey but it lasts a long time and doesn't need much to make a great lather. The lather is very thick. It's a big heavy sucker, almost the size and weight of a small football.

I don't really know if men's skin is different to womens but this soap has been great to my skin where the others haven't cleaned as well or been nowhere near as good to my skin. Doesn't leave any film on my skin like Pears did, just a lovely clean soft feeling. Pears doesn't compare or come close.

Something I must add is that for 25 years I put up with pimples on the sides of my thighs, went to doctors who prescibed me antibiotics and cream, none of which worked. Within 2-3 weeks these pimples are gone because of this soap! Supermarket brands probably had something to do to make them appear in the first place and Pears made it worse. I wish I had this soap when I was a young kid, I think I would have had a lot less pimpleas on my face too. Musgo soap really is great stuff!

You won't regret buying it and just may become your last and only soap, looks like it might for me anyways?

Give it a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing