What's new

Musgo Real - Aftershave Balsam

Item Description

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Notice the "milky" consistency like DR Harris A/S milk?
displayimage.php

Firstly - this bottle/packaging does nothing for me.... I very much miss the cork bottle/packaging they used to use - but oh well, cest la vie. Next - the scent.... it is basically a dead wringer for their a/s splash, which I LOVE the scent of, but in the balsam form it is a little watered down, and doesn't have "staying power."

Ok - so now down to business... this stuff is about the same consistency as DR Harris Aftershaving Milk, but it smells/functions a whole lot better in my opinon. Smear about the same amount of A/S milk you would use on your wet mug, and you get a light "balm" that dries into your skin and a VERY light coating of beeswax seals the mm mmm goodness of jojoba and almond oil into your skin. Really feels good to put on razor burned skin, does a great job of acting/being "light" whillst simultaneously providing a very healthy amount of moisture - PERFECT for year round use. At about $25, it isn't "cheap" per se, but a bottle should last you quite some time, and it is in my opinon markedly superior to the more expensive DR Harris... in fact - if I could only choose one aftershave... this one would probably be it. CAR will moisturize a little more (but is too greasy for me in hot weather) and baxter will cool/soothe more (doesn't leave your skin as nice as the musgo, and doesn't moisturize enough for winter) but this musgo has a wonderful balance of the two qualities.

Overall.... truly an exceptional product, and I would highly recommend it!

PLEASE CLICK THIS LINK AND USE THE LINKED THREAD TO DISCUSS THIS TOPIC WITHOUT HAVING TO REVIEW IT - THANKS!

Latest reviews

I thought I had done a review of this earlier as I've had some for a while. In any event, I have to say this product was a let down. The most important thing to know for any potential buyer is that for whatever bizarre reason this ASB smells nothing like the cream. Why this would be is a mystery. And the scent is not good. To me it smells very musty. Almost like a laundry hamper full of dirty clothes. It's near the bottom in this category in my shave arsenal of all products. As if that wasn't bad enough the performance doesn't do anything to make you want to look beyond the poor scent. It doesn't absorb very well and there is a white residue all over when applied that has to be worked in (or wiped off, who knows which is the case when you're constantly rubbing your hands around on your face). So now beyond bad smell and the residue you hope for good results for what the balm was intended to do which is help with razor burn and provide some moisture. Alas, not really hitting the mark here either as I feel it misses both targets. Didn't help relieve too much razor burn, even if it's mild, and not a lot of post shave moisture was to be had either. Perhaps some of this was from wiping it around, or off, my face from trying to erase the white residue. Anyhow, that's my take. When this bottle is used up (no idea when that'll be at this point. When's the next Olympics?) I won't replace it. The fact that it oddly smells nothing like the cream and instead smells like dirty socks is enough to make that an easy decision regardless of the poor performance. If anyone is considering purchasing this product please try to sample some first.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Just bought this off of BST along with the matching a/s splash. This is more of a milk than a balm and is resembles T&H's Grafton in the scent department. There is no burn with this and it isnt greasy. It dries quickly and moistens the skin. I have sensitive skin and the poses no issues.:thumbup1:
I am very satisfied with this aftershave. It is very moisturizing, but does not leave your face feeling tacky or sticky. The scent is not like musgo cream, but it does not last very long so it will not clash with colognes. It is heavy enough to really moisturize well and help keep razorburn away, yet it is liquid enough and light enough to be appropriate for the hot and sticky summer months. In all a fantastic aftershave. Gave a six for scent as it smells nearly nothing like the cream, and a three for cooling sensation as there is no cooling sensation as it lacks any menthol or camphor (which is good in my opinion).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)