What's new

Muhle Travel Brush

Pros: Extremely compact
Cons: Extremely compact
Packs nicely. Brush is pretty good for the easier soaps like Arko but I would not dare pit it against the MWF. I'm a bit worried about the destroying the aluminum threading by screwing the cap on wrong, and at the same time, you have to screw it together pretty tight to avoid wobbling. The handle fits in my hand but it's not as comfortable as a regular small brush handle.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
I decided I wanted a Badger travel brush that was fairly small, and well protected. The Muhle seemed like a good candidate, since it was reasonably priced and was "Best" Badger.

It's not a bad brush, but it is really stiff and scritchy:thumbdown. It is about a 20 mm knot, although it is no where near as full as other 22mm knots I have.

Muhle's "Best" badger would probably be "Pure" badger with Simpson. It is not even close to my Simpson Col. X2L in softness or comfort (and the Col is a slightly scritchy brush which I really like)

If I needed a travel brush I would probably do it over again (bad case of SBAD:biggrin1:) but I would really do just as well to put one of my good brushes in a tube and take them.

(Update: Though I have had this brush for 9 months, it has only had a few weeks of vacation use. Even though it was never "Funky" I decided to use the "Get the Funk Out" procedure (that I have used on the TGN knots) to see if would soften the tips a bit. I believe it helped some. It is still too skritchy, but it is better.)

Handle and package are very well done, and everything stores well, and goes together well to make a nice brush and handle.

I could not post my other photos, but the brush does slide into the handle, tip out, and then the open cap goes on. It probably allows the brush to dry well.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)