What's new

Muhle Shaving Brush Travel Tube

Pros: Adjustable
The great part is you can adjust it's length to fit your brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Durability
4.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I have been storing my TOBS synthetic shaving brush in my bathroom on a ledge which is pretty high from the floor. There are other people coming in and out of the bathroom and I want to keep my brush in a safe spot. Even though nowadays when I store my brush in this plastic tube I feel a lot more confident about the safety of my brush. Its sturdy plastic and if my brush would fall on the floor I´m sure it would not get a scratch!

The only thing I would be picky about is that there is no name or Muhle logo on the tube.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
0.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
Up until recently I simply rolled up my shaving brush in a washcloth and dropped it into my dopp kit when travelling. I know, that is pretty lame.

There are a ton of posts on B&B by do-it-yourselfers about getting a large pill container from your local drug store (by asking for a freebie) and drilling holes in it to use as a travel tube for your brush. There are a bunch of other inventive ideas folks have shared for travel brush containers. I scoured my house for suitable & inventive travel tubes to no avail.

Recently I was perusing through the West Coast Shaving web site and stumbled onto this travel tube for brushes by Muhle. I had never seen a travel tube like this before. I was enticed....

It was only five bucks and I was ordering stuff already. The choice was simple: Buy it!

This is a very useful travel brush container. It fits my Simpsons Chubby 1 and Tulip 2 very well by screwing the threads all the way down to minimize the size of the container. If you have a really long brush then you would need to take advantage of the variable size of this container. It's a pretty simple concept and it works well. There is an air hole to allow the brush to dry out but I generally try to make sure my brush is dry before placing in the tube or I remove it as soon as possible if it went into the tube damp.

If I could design it differently I would offer a shorter model to fit shorter brushes like my Chubby in a more compact case but still be able to dial it up for larger brushes by taking advantage of the adjustable threads.

In summary if you are still spending time questing for the ultimate home-made brush container for travel consider shelling out the five bucks to get this nice little shaving brush tube. Your time is worth more than five bucks.

Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Durability
3.00 star(s)
Usefulness
4.00 star(s)
Performance
4.00 star(s)
I actually posted a link to this product a few days ago in response to someone looking to buy a travel brush, which I explained that you may not really need a 'Travel Brush' just to get a neat or classy looking tube.

This actually holds all of my brushes well and accomodates a 26mm Shavemac 177 nicely. I agree 100% that spending $5 is well worth having a functional and almost universal travel tube.

It's well constructed for the money and am very glad I have one.
Top Bottom