What's new

Muhle pure badger shaving brush

This is my first (and only) brush. Quite inexpensive, but it does a great job. I think I paid around $25 for it.
I have always heard on this board that the best shaving experience comes with a badger brush. I would have saved a lot of money if I would have listened. In the past I suspected that my lather problems were do to the shaving soap I was using, Van Der Hagen. I was totally surprised at the giant amount of foam created by this brush. My shave is so much better. I get a real rich foam that was never achieved with the other brushes that I have used. The brush is very soft. I have read criticism that the brush is floppy when used but I have not found that to be the case. It is very dense and firm enough for hard shaving soap use. I lowered my rating do to the hollow center plastic handle. For those of us who soak our brushes before shaving, the hollow center prevents the bush from sinking in your sink. Aside of the handle, the brush is very comfortable to hold. It holds a lot of water and builds a great lather and has made a huge difference in my morning DE shave. Price is super at $26.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)