What's new

Mühle-Pinsel 99K257

I gave my father in law this brush with a Mama Bear soap and a Merkur 34 C this Christmas. He was very interested when I told him about wet shaving and my Simpson brushes, and he told me he shaved with a DE when he was younger, so I went for it. Hope he will be plesased.

Thank`s for the review.
After reading a B&B review of a larger version of this brush, I happened to spot a couple at a cosmetics shop (they've since stopped carrying them). There was a smaller version that looked just as good but was better suited to me, so I went for it. I'm glad I did. It's such an enjoyable and effective brush that since buying it SBAD hasn't surfaced once.

The 99K257 is, at 19mm, the smallest of three brushes in M-P's 9xK257 classic silvertip shaving brush line. It's about 1 cm shorter than the C&E Best. Although it's small, the handle has enough bulk for it to be comfortable to hold. Performance is great. The brush isn't as firm as my C&E Best, but easily firm enough. It whips up a nice lather on my face just as easily and quickly as my C&E Best does. I did a two-pass shave the first time I tried it, and it held more than enough soap for both passes. I think it'll hold enough lather for four passes if you're mindful of it when loading the brush (I'm not very concerned about that though, because it takes just a couple of seconds when face-lathering to load the brush again). The big difference, of course, is in the softness of the silvertip. It's quite a luxurious brush that, by comparison, makes my C&E best feel pretty scratchy. The construction is top notch; it hasn't lost a single hair. As you can probably see in the picture, it's more densely packed than the C&E Best is. And last but not least -- I paid less than $50 for it.

If you want a small silvertip brush at a great price, I highly recommend the M-P 99K257.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
5.00 star(s)