What's new

Mudder Focker

Pros: GREAT SMELL... easy to lather
Cons: not sure there are any
There is a nice-ness to the aroma from the Mudder Focker that I honestly cant quite get enough of. I find myself taking deeper inhales and savoring the afterscent of this soap. Slightly earthy, with a lighter sandalwood hint and sweetness(but not too sweet)of outdoors.

The lathering is always easy to achieve, and at worst, can always add a drop of water to bring it back to richness if it feels dry. I would recommend a less damp brush when starting, and that is after letting it bloom for a few minutes.

To sum up, it is very easy to work with and consistently achieve a nice lather quickly. Post-shave is a somewhat moist feeling to the skin and that lingering light scent should stay with you for an hour or two.

I always find myself enjoying this soap when I use it, and find it in my rotation more often than not(but I am newer to the hobby at maybe 7 months now, so I only have 5 soaps to choose from currently)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: slickness, skin care properties, ease of lathering
Cons: mild scent (more a nitpick than negative aspect), price is a bit high for a RazoRock product (but well worth it IMHO)
This is a fantastic shaving soap and a real treat for the skin. I purchase this once used tub of MF from Garry of Garry's sample shop for $10. I had been wanting to try it since I first saw it at italianbarber.com, but at $15 and with very few reviews and a ton of RazoRock products already in my den I wasn't in a rush. Now that I have it in hand it would be very hard to convince me to get rid of it. By far my favorite performing RR soap/cream to date (have yet to try the Karite soaps).

The shave experience - I soaked my SOC boar brush in warm water for about ten minutes then proceeded to shake out the majority of retained water. Swirling the brush on top of the soap for about 30 seconds the brush was about 1/3 loaded with soap. Transferring the loaded brush over to my bowl to build the lather proved to be very simple with only a few dips of the bristles needed to add water into the lather to get the perfect consistence. The lather was very creamy and felt good going on the face. My Merkur loaded with a Treet DuraSharp (carbon steel) glided across my face effortlessly and after three passes only a few touch ups were needed in the normal spots to get a near BBS shave. Afterwards my face felt great before applying a generous amount of Virgin Island Bay Rum, it burned like heck afterwards (in a good way).

The only things I could recommend to improve this product would be to up the scent as it is barely noticeable (think sweet, earth, mild spice) and the price is about 50% over the other soaps in the artisan line, which the only difference is the scent and the final ingredient Solum Fullonum.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Slickness, efficacy, scent, moisturizing, value
Cons: packaging, limited production, product inconsistency
I rotate each of my (approx.) 50 soaps and creams on a weekly basis. At the end of each week, I'm usually ready to move onto the next. It's rare that I think about a soap or cream after I'm done using it. Mudder Focker, however, is one of the few in my den that I actually think about after I've stopped using it. It's a wonderful soap even at a much higher price.

Scent: MF has a soapy/powdery scent. Masculine baby powder would be an accurate way to describe it. The RazoRock Baby Blue and Skin Bracer Original aftershave both pair with this soap very well.

Quality: Top notch. This is a croap, so it's softer than a soap, harder than a cream. There is a little inconsistency in the product (sometimes I'll see white patches in the soap), but these haven't affected the performance.

Lather: Because it's a croap, it takes a little longer to load than a cream. You will get lots of proto lather before hitting the good stuff. Stay with it for 40 seconds, and you will be rewarded with rich, creamy lather. This is, unfortunately, where the packaging comes into play. Because the tub is so small (I face lather), larger brushes don't work well. Smaller brushes, 22mm or smaller, work best. I suppose the contents could be transferred to a larger bowl, but the containers fit nicely in small spaces, so it's a tradeoff.

Efficacy: This is one of the slickest soaps I've used. I can only think of one cream that I've used that was slicker. The protection is outstanding and the entire week I used it, I didn't get one nick or weeper. There was no tendency to dry prematurely, and even when my lather got thin on the third pass, there was still more than enough protection to finish my shave.

Moisturizing: MF left my skin feeling very soft and subtle without any irritation or razor burn.

Overall, this is one of the best soaps on the market...at any price. Right after finishing my week with it, I ordered two more tubs. It's a shame that this is a limited production since it's such a great soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)