What's new

Moroccan Neroli Post-Shave Lotion

Pros: All Natural
Cons: Price
This is a wonderful product, made of all natural ingredients.

There is no alcohol, nor cooling sensation, as it doesn't contain menthol.

The cream itself is extremely moisturising, and a little goes a long way. It leaves the face feeling BBS after a shave, and does an amazing job on healing/settling any slight razor burn.

The aluminium tube is sturdy and allows easy application. The scent is citrus with a bit of sandalwood, very unique, manly, but certainly not overpowering. The girlfriend loves its scent, and will use it from time to time. So beware, and keep it well hidden. :)

Overall, a superior product which I highly recommend. While the price may seem quite expensive, I think a tube of this stuff would last a good 12 months making it well worth the outlay.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Spreadable, soothing, light and natural fragrance, only a small amount needed
Cons: Expensive, hard to obtain outside Australia
Australian shavers aren't really spoiled for choice when it comes to premium shaving products. Aesop is an exception.

The price is steep, but I find that it lasts forever (as long as the girlfriend doesn't pinch it for her legs) because it spreads so well. I use about a pea-sized amount, or about 0.2 mL per shave, so the 60mL tube can last almost a year.

Paradoxically, it's calming without being overly moisturising. It fights the fire of a rough shave, but as soon as its work is done it kind of disappears, leaving my skin toned, taut and dry.

The tube is aluminium, which lets me squeeze out every last drop (which you'd want to at that price).

The scent is Neroli (supposedly one of the secret ingredients in Coca-cola), which I can describe as slightly floral, yet not sickly sweet, and with a suggestion of citrus.

As you'll see below, the ingredient list is long, but it's pretty much all natural, something I've found with all Aesop products. I can't stand the idea of putting parabens and similar nasties on my skin, so that really appeals to me.

INGREDIENTS:
Water (Aqua), Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Glycerin, Cetearyl Olivate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Stearic Acid, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Sorbitan Olivate, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Polysorbate 20, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Fusanus Spicatus Wood Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Disodium EDTA, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Oil, Sodium Citrate, Benzalkonium Chloride, Eugenia Caryophyllus (Clove) Flower Oil, Methylisothiazolinone, Zingiber Officinale Root Extract, Farnesol, Eugenol, Linalool, d-Limonene, Geraniol.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)