What's new

Moore Unique Hydroglide

I find it interesting that Moore markets this differently in different markets. I've been using this for years, and my bottles have instructions to use it as a pre-shave, which is what I do. I simply can not see how it can be used alone!

That being said, I think this is great stuff as a pre-shave. I have a tough, wiry beard, with hair on my neck that grows in every direction. I shave in the shower, and after patting my head dry, spritz 4 or 5 times with Hydroglide and massage it in. I then apply my Proraso pre-shave and follow with lather.

I find that it makes a noticeable difference in softening my beard, and has a lubricating quality to it.

A $7.00 bottle lasts months for me, and improves my shaves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
5.00 star(s)
Performance
5.00 star(s)
I am WAY new to the wet shaving experience. I am also afflicted with a rare disease that causes me to buy anything and everything that could even be related to shaving by even the most unlikely stretches of the imagination. During a trip to a local Walmart, I found "Moore Unique" Hydroglide Shaving solution and body moisturizer. What first struck me as odd about this product was the fact that it was to be delivered to the face by means of a spray pump. Further down the package I found out why: "For a closer, nick-free shave for face, legs, underarms, and bikini line." I double checked to make sure I was, in fact, in the mens section. I did happen to be in the mens section, so I picked some up and headed home. After a quick shower I followed the package directions "For tough beards, spray on Hydroglide, apply warm wet towel for 15-30 seconds, then reapply Hydroglide and shave in one direction only. Use razor with lubricating bar up to 4 shaves." I awkwardly applied the Hydroglide, trying to not to squirt it in my eyes (which by the warning on the package, is not advised). I applied a hot wash cloth for approximately thirty seconds, and then reapplied (easier the second time, due to practice). I grabbed a newly polished unidentified Gilette with an open comb that I got from an antique store, and it skipped across my face like a rock on a pond (with ice on the surface). I quickly gave up that pursuit, and finished the deed with a borrowed Lady Gilette (hey, might as well shave my bikini line while I'm at it :001_huh:). I applied the obligatory cold water and Nutrogena ASB. Overall, I got a seemingly pleasant shave. I sat down and waited for the razor burn to kick in, but it never came.

Overall, I rated the price/quality as an 8/7 as Hydroglide costs about $7 USD for 8oz. For performance, I gave it a 7 and I was surprised overall with the shave I got. In fact, I'm not sure that I needed ASB afterwards, as the Hydroglide was soothing in it's own regard. Usefulness got a 7 because I can see myself taking it on deployments with a DE and some good blades and shaving quickly. Durability got a 10 because it's in the standard basically indestructible plastic that everything comes in. Finally, packaging got a 4 because it does, in fact, not feel good in your eyes. I can see myself spraying into my hands first though.

It's not as nice as a more traditional approach, but it worked for me in a pinch. If others try this, I'm interested to see what the response is. I have a feeling this could be up in the air.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Durability
5.00 star(s)
Usefulness
3.00 star(s)
Performance
3.00 star(s)