What's new

Moon Haven Sandalwood Shaving Soap

Shea butter is wonderful stuff for shaving soap. It leaves your face feeling as nice as tallow-based soaps and it somehow enhances the growth of skin (dermatology studies bear this out), so that with a couple of weeks' use the skin strengthens and you start to get fewer weepers. Australian sandalwood smells wonderful, and this soap is made with shea butter and real Australian sandalwood, so it ought to be a great soap. And indeed, when I can get enough of it on my face, then it feels as nice during and after the shave as Pre de Provence, which is my standard for everything but scent.

Unfortunately, I do not find it easy to get enough of this soap on my face. It is insufficiently soluable. I can work enough soap into the brush and onto my face if I leave the soap soaking in water overnight, but then I end up shaving with cold water. Neither have I found any way to build lather that will stand up through one pass. I tried every possible proportion of soap to water but the lather rarely lasts more than half a pass and never lasts for a whole one.

I really like the combination of shea butter and sandalwood but I do not like this soap.

A$17
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing