What's new

Monte Cristo Aftershave

It comes in a triangular class bottle with faux wood/cork top. I always have it out on full display!

Before I got into the whole wetshaving thing, I never used alcohol AS because I thought they'd irritate my skin. This changed me forever...

Price: Though it can be had for much cheaper online, I got this at a local perfume outlet for a whopping $60 Canadian for 100ml. The price has led me to use it only for 'special' events.

Quality: Top notch.

Fights Razor Burn: Indeed.

Cooling Sensation: Not as much as an aqua velva, but still noticeably present.

Alcohol Burn: You feel it for a BRIEF moment, and then all that's left is a wonderful feeling and smell to remind you of the application. The feeling doesn't linger like, say, proraso AS splash or aqua velva. If not for the smell, you'd forget you put it on after about 10 seconds.

Scent: This is what wins me over. The combination of woods, musk and tobacco make this a wonderful scent that is not overpowering, but does last all day. My friends, family, and fiance all agree that this is a teriffic smelling AS!

Moisturizning: Does not add anything, but dries less than some others I've tried.

I really, really like this stuff. The smell is just incredible, classic, and masculine. If you don't like flowery or citrusy (sp?) scents, this is a MUST! If not for the price, I'd use it every single day. The only nag I have against it is the spray application; I prefer a splash application for AS, but I just spray to hands and apply. Otherwise, just plain and simple quality.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)