What's new

Mont St-Michel Naturelle EdC

The Naturelle Classique fragrance is said to smell of bergamot and orange rind with hints of sandalwood and a little bit of jasmine and rose. Not quite. There are florals evident when first applied, but they disappear almost instantly. The dominant chord is citronellol and bergamot, which gives the fragrance a pleasant lemon scent. Let's also be clear that this isn't so much an Eau de Cologne as it is a Body Splash.

Price: I found this at Rasage Poulin for $16.99(Canadian) for a 250ml (8.5 oz) bottle. I find this an excellent value for the money.

Quality: This is a lovely product. It is a mass market product, but the French market (at which this is primarily aimed) is a more sophisticated and demanding one when it comes to fragrances. It is a good quality mass market scent.

Packaging: I gave this high marks for packaging, as it comes in a nice tall glass bottle. It seems that everything aimed at a wide audience is moving to plastic. I prefer the glass bottle.

Scent: As I mentioned above, the dominant note in this is lemon. This feels like a nice old-fashioned scent. On me, this fragrance has a bit of an Eau Sauvage vibe. Even when liberally applied is is pleasant without being cloying.

Complexity: While the PR folks claim this to be very complex, it simply is not.

Staying Power: On me, this fragrance lasts 3-4 hours. It is strongest in its first hour, then it fades away gently.

Overall impression is that this frag is good value for the money. It is an old world scent that I enjoy having in my rotation. I may even try diluting it and using it on my linens (as an Eau de Linge).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Complexity
2.00 star(s)
Staying Power
1.00 star(s)