What's new

Mont Source Moisturizing Shave Cream

This is one of the first shave creams I ever used from a tube. This was after my first foray into soap and brush, but before I jumped in again. At the time I just rubbed it on as with many new creams that don't lather with a brush. This is an exception. It does lather pretty well with a brush, but like many creams requires some tinkering to "get it right". This cream utilizes a host of "plant infusions" that provide a unique fragrance as well as moisturizing without a greasy feeling. Instead, for me at least, it leaves a "cared for" feel. Benzoin, citronella, neroli, bergamot, myrrh, carrot seed, sandlewood, calendula, yarrow, make up the plant infusions and coconut oil, glycerin and yes, stearate, provide the slipperiness. So far it doesn't feel as slippery during the shave as I would like, hence the low efficacy score. Price through their website was $14.48 for 5.6 oz. standard plastic tube which seems pretty good to me. I originally got Mont Source products from a sister in law that carried them through her salon, but now have only found it via the website. The scent is what really shines for this product for me, and I really enjoy some of their colognes. Give this cream a try if you are in the mood for something out of the mainstream.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)