What's new

Momma Bear's Atlas Sports Rub

Price: The price of this product seems a little high upon first examination. I discussed this with Sue and she said that the price was driven by the expensive ingredients in the product. Most other products contain large amounts of ingredients such as menthol that give the odor and feeling that something should be happening but are in fact rather inexpensive.

Quality: Based on quite a few months of use, the Atlas Sports Rub is top notch. What drove me to write this review was the fact that I strained my back rather severely yesterday. By bedtime, I had been sitting in a chair and my back had practically locked up in the lower lumbar region. My wife massaged some of the Atlas Sports Rub in and there was no immediate impact other than the massage feeling good in a painful sort of way; you know, the old "that hurts so good" feeling. Lack of immediate impact is normal with this product; this is not a product Ben Gay or Tiger Balm type of product. I was hurt so bad that I thought this was going to be at least a three-four day recovery timeframe. Well, let me tell you that this morning I woke up and while I was mildly sore, I felt like a new person. I was truly amazed. This is not the first time I have had similar results but this is the most dramatic recovery from a severe muscle pull.

Value: While this product is somewhat expensive and I would like to see it at a lower price point, I would not want any of the ingredients changed that might sacrifice overall effectiveness. So, from a value perspective, you get what you pay for... and this product is outstanding.

Packaging: Packaging is Momma Bear's typical "no frills" packaging, serving its purpose with no pretentiousness.

Bottom line: While I rated this product somewhat lower due to the cost, the value IMHO simply cannot be beat.

As an aside, Sue had temporarily taken this product off of her web site due to apparent lack of interest. She is going to be putting it back on the web site once she gets back up and running after her move to Minnesota. Per her web site, she should be back in operation by the end of April 08.
Aroma
1.00 star(s)
Price
3.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Flavor
1.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)