What's new

Milk & Co Moisturising Shave Milk

I received it as a present from the lovely SWMBO on the weekend. Lord knows how she got put onto it. I had never heard of it and I hang around with you guys all day!

It's not a cream. It's not a soap. It is shave milk and it is weird.

The instructions say to prep your beard as normal and then apply this stuff and work into a lather with the fingers. The problem is, it does not really lather. It's like applying a heap of wet moisturiser to the skin. Moisturiser and toothpaste because the menthol zing in this stuff leaves Proraso for dead. It contains peppermint gum oil, menthol, coconut oil and geranium (?) oil. The cold water splash at the end is AWESOME! Might be a bit much in the dead of winter, though.

The scent is nice, sort of a subtle peppermint, coconut. Again, pretty different to what we are used to but pleasant enough.

But the shave, gentlemen, the shave. This stuff is so lubricating, fantastic. I think I may have one of the closest shaves I've ever had and irritation free. I cant stop faceturbating. I'm doing it as we speak!:blush:

I was pretty sceptical at first but I'm sold now. The only possible negative is, because there is no real lather to speak of, it is a little harder to see where you have already shaved so that may lead to going over the same place without lube. Still...

It's made in Australia so most of you may have to try and track it down over the net. I'll include a link to the companies site and you can have a look.

Strange stuff for someone like me who is used to soap and a brush but a much better substitute to goo in a can for those times when you might be in a big hurry. I certainly recommend it to anyone who wants to try something a bit different.

http://www.milkskincare.com/shop/itemdetails.php?id=20&mode=shop
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability