What's new

Mighty Midget 40033

Item Description

The Omega Mighty Midget 40033 is a natural boar brush with huge backbone and surprisingly soft tips.
Ht: 88 mm Loft: 48 mm Base: 40 mm Knot: 23 mm

Latest reviews

Pros: face-lathering champ, soft yet dense brush
Cons: cheap handle
Are you a face latherer and are you looking for a boar brush? This one is a must try, certainly at its price-point well under $10,=.

Though it might look small, in reality it isn't; only the handle is very short and, as with most Omega's, feels cheap. But the knot is superb, really one of the nicest boar knots I have tried (and I did try quite a few) and perfect for face lathering. It is dense but in no way harsh and after the break-in it holds an amazing amount of lather; I have to disagree with the previous review about that as it holds easily more than needed for 3 passes.

The short stubby handle takes a little time to get used to with my large hands but is not bad at all, they just should have used a nice quality resin instead of cheap plastic though for the price I paid I can't really complain.

If you gave up on boars before you tried this one you missed about the best deal on brushes there is. One of my favs for sure and an amazing value! Try it!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Price, scrubbiness, soft tips
Cons: Mediocre at holding moisture/lather
The Mighty Midget is an amazing value. It is often marketed as a travel brush because it is so small and light. But it is so much more. It has earned a place in my regular rotation. Scrubby without being scritchy. It can cut into any soap with ease. The molded plastic handle has a cheap feel, but the boar knot is first rate. While it does not hold as much lather as my badger brushes, it's enough for 3 good passes. You can't beat this brush for $7. If you don't have one, you're missing out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
4.00 star(s)