What's new

Mg5

MG5 is awesome, I paid like 850 Y eight or nine months ago, not even half of the bottle is gone. No I don't use it every day, I don't even use it every time I shave. When I do use it a little bit goes a long way, maybe a half dollar sized pool from 3 shakes of the bottle into my left hand, smear it around in my right and go to town.

I will agree that it isn't very moisturizing, it works in the humid environment where I WAS stationed at, but it now see's little use in the south western desert that I am currently at.

In the mean time, I'm going to be using Pinaud orig, until I can find an alternantive that suits me and my living conditions better.

Used before a non-oily balm and you'll be more than satisfied with the way it relieves your razor burn, and tones your skin.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I bought this bottle from Dave a while back. Now that I've been using it as a daily aftershave since I bought it, I think it's time to review it. I must have 25% left in the bottle at the moment.

This aftershave is quite good. I was impressed as there might be more alcohol in there than Vodka! It does the trick without dehydrating too much.

For the burning sensation, I always apply it with wet hands as the pure product is setting me on fire!

The scent is a bit soapy (barbershop-ish) and there's a minty scent. There's something from the '70s for sure in that scent. I think it's a 'classic' type of scent. I just spent the last 15 mins trying to find the appropriate scent.

Bottom line, I would buy it again. However, if I have a choice between MG5, Bravas or Mandom... My choice is Mandom!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Looks and smells like a 70s Porsche. I am partial to this stuff because my own barber uses it and it is therefore, for me, the quintessential barbershop scent.

This stuff is fairly inexpensive and does its job well. Smells 'fresh' in an old school way, perhaps menthol or pine? Burns like a mother for about 5 seconds and then it's all blue-green coolness from then on in. Soothes my razor burn but, as with many alcohol-based splashes, I wouldn't call this 'moisturizing'. I use it in the summer but some people with dry skin might find their face feeling a tad 'tight' and will need to apply a separate moisturizer after using this.

Best aftershave ever produced? I think not, but it does it's job in a fresh but old-school way and doesn't break the bank. Bottle looks cool too (racing goggles not included). Works for me....try it if you stumble across it. :biggrin:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)