What's new

Method Bloq Shave Cream

Got the mint scent going right now. It is a little weak and generic smelling.
Again, I give the latherability a 10 because n/a was not available. This cream lathers very very little but still provides a smooth lubricated area for the razor.
I like that it comes from a very ecologically safe company. The package is recyclable but a little hard to get a good portion out of it.
I keep it out of the rotation for DE shaves but in the shower for emergency shaves.
It is a good item to try but wont remain on my have to have list.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
I found it on sale at Shoppers Drug Mart for under $3 (Mint version) and I really like it.

It is a little watery and the lather can't compare to other creams like JM Fraser's or Castle Forbes, but it still works.

The scent is nice but nothing special.

Latherability is average (personally I find that it lathers better than Proraso green).

Efficacy and moisturizing is great. My razor glides smoothly with this stuff and my face feels super soft/moisturized after using it.

Packaging is really cool. A green rubber box with a hole in it and a snap cap...

For the price I would recommend trying it, the only down side is that it is watery and requires that you use a fair bit of it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Price - $3.99 at Target. Cheap, but it's so lousy that I wound up throwing out my mostly full container after trying it half a dozen times or so.

Quality - See Latherability

Scent - I picked up the citrus leaf since mint seemed a bit generic. Not bad.

Latherability - Awful. Maybe I got a bad batch or something, but it's near impossible to get usable lather from this stuff. Epic failure.

Efficacy - See Latherability

Moisturizing Properties - Didn't dry anything out

Packaging - It's a brightly colored block. :rolleyes:
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
Just picked up the mint and citrus shave creams at Target. I would assume that they are in most Target stores. They were $3.44 each for 8 oz of product. They were half way between the mens shave area and the womens shave area. Not a bad price for 8 oz.

The scent of both is nice, not too strong but not too subtle either. The mint had a nice mint + a tiny bit of menthol to it, while the citrus had, I felt, an earthy almost tomato leaf smell along with the citrus.

The consistency of the cream was somewhat thin, a little like "Kiss My Face" KMF cream. So while you get 8 oz, a good part of that is water. Since the cream is somewhat thin, you need a little more than a with a thicker cream. Like Brigadier mentioned above, it takes a little longer to make a good lather than with KMF, but the lather is smooth and slick. It left my face feeling smooth and moist.

The most unusual part of this is the packaging. I normally don't care much how it is packaged, but here, it seems to be a little weird. The reason it is called bloq is that the container is a square block of plastic with a flip open spout. The Method company has a number of items in that format.

Overall, it is much like the KMF creams, maybe a step up, but with a different scent and maybe slightly better skin care properties. For the price, and the ease of obtaining it, it is definitely worth a try.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
As a new DE shaver, this is my first review on B&B, so please bear with me.

I did a search for Method Bloq Shave cream reviews, and found zilch. So here is mine. :biggrin:

Wonderful stuff. :thumbup1:

Comes in 2 scents - Green Mint[mentholated], and Citron Leaf[a citrusy-floral smell - nice].

I found this at a local Bartell Drug for 6.00/8 oz.

It's 99% natural and paraben free.

The mint has jojoba and mint oil. The Citron Leaf has avacado and borage oil.

http://www.methodhome.com/products....dy&prod=bloq_shave_cream&name=bloqshave_gmint

Using an Omega badger brush, it makes a nice lather. It doesn't lather as quickly as say, Kiss My Face does, and it takes a little more product and water to get where you want to go, but the effort is well worth it.

Once you get the lather a nice satin sheen, it stays that way. It does not dry out. In fact, there is a layer of the cream floating on the surface of the water in the sink when your done shaving. It doesn't disappear like KMF does.

My face is nice and smooth and moisturized after the shave.

And boy is it slick. I can get 5-6 passes no problem with my 65 SS and blade of my choice without irritation.

The packaging is original, too.

I know it's not an expensive boutique shave cream, but give it a try if you want a good, high quality, PERFORMING shave cream for little $$.

And with the $$ I save, I can spend it on other things like Swedish Gillette blades. :lol:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)