What's new

Merkur Open Comb Travel Razor

Pros: Takes hardly any room.
Cons: The grip is very short.
I received this as a gift, hence the price rating of "10." This is a great little travel razor. It breaks down into four pieces and once out in its travel pouch, takes up hardly any room in a travel kit.

The shave is very good. It is on the mild side but loaded with my favorite blade it gives a DFS every time. I could shave with this every day if I had to. I gave it a "1" in the Adjustability department because it doesn't adjust, but that in no way detracts from its efficiency.

If it has a true "con" it would be that the handle is quite short. A person with large hands may find this to be a negative attribute, but it is a travel razor and saving space is part of the game.

All in all I think this a great product. It is made very well, saves space, is light, and shaves great to boot! I never leave home without it.
Grip
4.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
0.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
4.00 star(s)
I've used the Merkur Open Comb Travel Razor for many years. Great razor!:001_smile
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)
Aggressiveness
3.00 star(s)
Ease of Blade Replacement
3.00 star(s)
I recently acquired this compact Merkur travel razor from WCS. At $28 its priced very low compared to other sites I visited. The only model they had in stock at the time was the open comb so why not. Its extremely compact(smaller then a Feather Portable cased) and came in a leather case that seemed very appealing to me. I had to try it out like any new toy I get. If you have very large hands I don't think this will work for you. The is 4 pieces with the handle screwed together and then attaches to the 2 piece head. This particular head is the older style and flatter. The shaves were superb and using a used India Wilkinson blade was excellent. Smooth and close. The case will even hold one or two blades when closed. So I am totally satisfied with the razor and can't wait to take it on a trip. Incidentally its 100% chromed & total length about 3" .
Grip
5.00 star(s)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Balance
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Adjustability
1.00 star(s)
User Friendly
5.00 star(s)