What's new

Menthol & Eucalyptus Oil Cream (Green Tube) (New Formulation)

Pros: Great lather
Cons: Eucalyptus is very strong
I got the green box C.O. Bigelow label of this cream for Christmas. I have to say this cream really lathers. All you need is a small amount on your brush. I love the scent, but the eucalyptus is pretty strong, and at least on my face, my skin feels ice cold while I'm shaving. But you can't beat the price, and I'll probably always keep some of this stuff around.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lathers well, smells great, slick feel
I purchased this from Bath & Body works under CO Bigelow.

I used a Utopia DE razor w/Derby blades. I have a medium-heavy beard with moderate to sensitive skin. I should have used a new blade as I'm sure that it would've helped with the nicks and irritation.

It lathers well. I used a boar brush & a bowl. I really like the smell. It's subtle and not overpowering.

The foam is pretty slick giving good protection. I got a really good close shave with 2 very small nicks on the upper lip along w/some minor irritation along the neck (nothing new). I needed to do 2 passes (as always). Face is soft like a baby's tush.

But I'm happy with the product. Well worth it.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Excellent lather and skincare
What can I say - this new version of Proraso Green is terrific in every way. The lather is so much easier to create now, the skincare is fantastic. The cooling sensation is very much there and if anything I find it to be a little more intense than before. The price is quite reasonable, so it sure won't hurt your budget. Somehow I find the packaging a little more elegant. Try it and I'm sure you'll be happy you did.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Lathering, Cushion, Glide, Concentration
Price: I converted my price in Euro (€2) to USD. Aside from perhaps Palmolive, I have not found another shaving cream that begins to approach Proraso's efficacy and quality for this price point. Just amazing!

Quality: From one tube to the next, I have seen only steadfast quality, end-to-end.

Scent: For me, 'La Linea Verde' (Green product line) provides a classic, pleasant and well balanced scent that's not at all overpowering. I cover cooling below.

Latherability: Proraso really, really excels here, period. I travel and therefore encounter all sorts of water types, and Proraso is extremely flexible in what level of hydration it absorbs, while maintaining slickness and cushion, aka, the sweet spot. I find this product to be very concentrated and I'm continuously amazed to get enough lather for four passes on a brush the size of my 'Go To' Super Badger. Any time I've over or under hydrated this cream, it's been my own misdoing/carelessness.

Efficacy: This parameter, as I interpret it, is a combination of latherability (glide/cushion/volume), sensation, scent and of course, lack of irritation or razor burn. All exceed my requirements. Finally, the cooling sensation others have reported is all still in this formulation and I concur that a cold water rinse intensifies the menthol and eucalyptus. I would not consider it to be overpowering to someone who, unlike me, is more on the sensitive side to the cooling.

Moisturizing Properties: My face certainly doesn't feel dry after I shave with this cream and honestly, I find it hard to judge this. I don't recall using any product that has profound drying or moisturising properties over another. This is good, clean cream.

Packaging: Perfect. I like the new box design, and it says 'Ciao!' when you come upon it and the other Proraso lines 'nel supermercato o farmacia'. The cardboard box is environmentally thoughtful, yet strong enough to maintain its form in checked luggage crammed with other 'supplies' from Italy. The tube is likewise environmentally sound and notes the construction material. Italy is quite strict about recycling, so this would be default prepackaging to expect.

For me, it is truly everything I could ever need in a shaving cream, and despite having other creams in my rotation, I always come home, very happily, to Proraso.

Allora - If you haven't yet done so, be good to yourself and go buy yourself a tube. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)