What's new

Men-U Facial Wash

Probably the best face wash I've tried, which is saying a lot - I've been through every over the counter/off the shelf brand you can name, and even a few prescription washes in my oily youth. The key to the men-u wash is the tea tree oil - I love the smell, although some posters seem to take a different view - as it leaves my face feeling super clean and toned. I have combination skin, but even normal Clearasil can dry me out; I don't have that problem with men-u at all. My face also feels decidedly cleaner after washing with this than, say, Cetaphil.

The packaging is fantastic. It's perfect for travel or throwing in a drawer at the office, and the locking cap is a big plus.

The wash itself is super concentrated, and half a squeeze from the well-functioning dispenser is more than enough to cover my whole face. men-u recommends using the wash as a post-shave; I haven't tried this yet, but I'm seriously considering it.

Great product and at $14, it's only slightly more expensive than Cetaphil. Highly recommended.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I reckon this product is under-rated! For the price, getting 200 uses out of it is outstanding!

I use this to wash my face in the hot shower. I have a very oily T-zone and using this cleans me up nicely without drying out my skin like normal soap does.

I apply a little on my palms, rub them together for a sec and apply to my face. My eyes are closed so I can't see if it lathers up well, but it feels like it does. Not really a consideration for me.

I LOVE the smell! A nice clean tea-tree scent which is not overpowering. Leaves a gentle cool sensation on my face after I wash off which is really refreshing!

Packaging is great! Small compact bottle which is great for my over-crowded shower caddy. Love the locking dispenser! Men-U have the best designed bottles around! Portable and practical.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Price: $14 is a good price in my book. Especially considering how long it lasts and how well it works

Quality: a mix of synthetics and natural ingredients. Not completely organic, but the tea tree and peppermint oils work well on oily skin. I just wish theyd get rid of the dyes, im not a big fan since they dont serve any purpose

lather: low lathering, so it might not fit well with some. i like the fact that its low lathering because its gentler and less drying.

moisturizing: pretty good, aloe and other skin conditioners make sure you are not stripped after cleansing.

scent: smells like peppermint mixed with tea tree oil. a wake up call in the AM.

efficacy: for me, controls oil in the summer and keeps breakouts at bay. also works well at preventing infection and inflammation if i cut myself shaving.

packaging: very economic. i like the idea of super concentrating products. it eliminates waste and makes traveling with them so easy. the dispenser also locks so you do not have any accidental spills while its in your bag.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
i love it; YMMV; but it works great for me
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I got the sample size for my birthday and really like it. Its true a little goes a long way. I gave the latherability a 10 because it does what is says, it doesnt lather. I do believe I will buy the full size version.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
I'm loving this. Just bought 100ml size after trying the samples.

I need a "zingy" wash in the morning (or evening, prior to going out) to wake me up, and this does it admirably!

Smells great, refreshing, economical, effective. Leave skin soft and feeling great. What more do you want?

Works well with the moisturiser too - very "zingy" also!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Smells a little like tupentine, but hey that's the Tea Tree Oil doing it's job. Overall, a nice product, and as said before a little goes a long way.

==Tom
I have been using the Men-U Healthy Face Wash for about a month now and love it! The smell is pleasant and doesn't linger, so it doesn't interfere with aftershave smells. I love the product as it cleans my face without stripping it of moisture. I bought it at Osrow.com where they are currently having a 10% off of everything sale, so it was a bit more affordable for me. I would definately buy it again.

:thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
I really like the Men-U products - I think they're exceptional value for money, are great quality for the price and I love their compact sizes with the handy pumps. It's no wonder they're winning plenty of awards. I'm surprised there isn't more talk about them on this site.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
One of my favorite washes. Don't let the small bottle fool you. A little goes a long way.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
From the bottle:
"Deep cleansing, soap free, pH balanced with tea tree oil (natural antiseptic & anti-bacterial) and witch hazel. Ideal to help protect from spots, shaving rash and control greasy skin. Generates low level of lather, delivering ingredients to where needed."

To me this is a fine product with a nice twist, being that it makes for an excellent after-shaving aid if I have been too rough or my face needs some soothing. I will apply this facial wash post-shave, let it sit for a minute or two and rinse. After the rinse I will towel pat my face and then go on with the rest of my A/S,ASB or whatever. Generally my face feels better on the spot and I don't have tender spots for the rest of the morning.

Price: $13.00 plus shipping at men-u.com is a great price for this product. If the recommended amount is used (about a pea-size), then 200 washes is not out of the question at all. In using this product, less of an amount used is better than going gung-ho and covering your hand before applying.

Quality: Nothing is overpowering, including the scent, and even with sensitive skin I do not get any negative tingles or burns from applying this product. I view this as an excellent mark of quality as it means, to me, that the producer went out of their way to make a single product for all facial types. This also means the price is a better thing to me because my girlfriend can also use the face wash with her normal skin and also get the most out of the product.

Latherability: Slim to none, but it does foam a little at first so you can see that all areas are covered. After 15 seconds the foam goes pretty much to nil but by that time you should be waiting to rinse after a minute or two.

Scent: Tea tree and witch hazel with a touch of almost Cetaphil scent tossed in. A very mild smell, even for those otherwise adverse to the strength of tea tree oil. After it has been applied there is a faint hint of citrus. The scent gets high marks because it does not linger on the face after being washed off so it will not get in the way of your post-shave products.

Efficacy: Works excellent post-shave and also as a facial wash. I have had a morning where my face looks like it needs a boost so I will apply some of this, wait and rinse and then go about my day. At night my face will look, to me, healthier. I have noticed no real difference in better results only during the day or only during the night. The users choice is pretty much the only hoisted onto your shoulders.

Packaging: A sturdy, clear plastic tube with a black pump handle and black text. The seals on the tube are very good and the pump dispenses only the amount you want and works without having to be aggressive with it. I don't feel bad leaving it out on the corner of my bathroom setup, though I might not take it along with me on a trip in case it got bumped around and the plunger depressed. For travel I would take along the small travel size bottle which resembles most hair gel containers (tube with a tapered end) that has a firmly sealed screw top.

======

Discuss here: HERE
Top Bottom