What's new

Mem Olive shaving cream

Pros: Great shave, leaves my skin feeling great
Cons: Hard to come by
Mem is a very nice cream, easy to lather, smells pleasant, shaves great and leaves my skin moisturised when I'm finished. The tube looks attractive and is 140 mls so it's value for money. The only issue I have with quality is the crappy cap. Like the review above, my cap has started to crack as well. If the tube is not stored upright it leaks cream. Overall though I wouldn't hesitate to buy another tube when my current one is used up. A good, rich, quality cream.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Easy to lather, comfortable and protective
Cons: Only found in Israel
My wife recently brought me back a tube of the MEM Olive shave cream from a trip to Israel. I was rather excited as I had read many great things about this shave cream.

The cream is very easy to use, as all creams are (that I have used anyway). It has a different scent that I can only describe as natural/vegetation-like. The cream is green (hence it being an olive formula) and the coolest part is that the lather has a faint green tinge to it when applied. The lather is very thick, creamy and very gentle on the skin. I really like this cream and it is one of the best ones I have used. It leaves the face moisturized and feeling very healthy after it's use!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
Mem works great for me. I found the cream very moisturizing and protective, the olive oil and coconut oil the cream contains certainly does a good job. In fact I think it is one of the most moisturizing creams I have used! The smell of the cream is fairly basic, it reminds me of lemon dish detergent, I can detect a little smell of the olives as well. However, the smell can be summarized as fresh and pleasant.

Unlike previous posters I have no problem getting large amounts of lather from this product, but I have noticed that you need to spend perhaps a little longer working it with the brush, but one the lather begins to build it generates large quantities of rich shaving lather. For the record I face lather.

In terms of value Mem is hard to beat the tube you get is huge. The packaging has a nice old school feel with a metal tube and modernist font contributing to this. My only complaint concerning quality of the packaging is that the screw cap seems to be made of poor quality plastic, on my tube it started to split open and I had to replace it.

All in all this cream will be at the top of my rotation from now on.:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
5.00 star(s)
Mem, for me, performs very well. The fragrance is not offensive or too strong. a pleasant masculine scent. I found it lathers just fine in a bowl with the correct amount of water. I got enough of the thick rich lather I was looking for to last through the entire shave without going away. I used a straight razor and found Mem to provide a nice cushion and protection while letting the razor slide right along. I got a very good shave with the Mem. I'll be using it regularly.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
3.00 star(s)
As far as I know MEM is one of three Israeli shaving creams on the market. MEM is definitely an old school shave cream. It is the kind of cream that men shave with for 50 years straight. MEM has a lot going for it. It is cheap, comes in a massive 140ml metal tube and it's design is evocative of the 1930's with its Hebrew lettering done in a modernist font. I want to like MEM but it just doesn't work for me. While I like the masculine scent, I find that it is difficult to lather and leaves my skin feeling very tight. Next time I go to Israel I think I'll only bring back Lavendor cream.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
1.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
1.00 star(s)
I have an unfortunate combination of very tough whiskers and very delicate skin. My first wet shave cream was Nivea in a blue box, which was ok, but nothing spectacular. Then I read positive feedbacks on Mem and decided to try it out. I should say that for me the only attractive point was it's price (about $3 for a large tube). If Nivea was simply ok, on my skin Mem was a disaster - I don't remember having such bad irritation for years. Right now both Mem and Nivea are retired and I am using Taylor Hypoallergenic cream - what a big difference and relief for my skin!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
2.00 star(s)
I bought this to try as I regularly use pure Olive Oil soap.
MEM is a no nonsence shaving cream. The Scent is nothing to write home about...but the cream gives an incredibly smooth and close shave. I don't think I would describe it as "Total Luxury"...but if you are looking for a good moisturising shave with a cream which is slightly different....go for it!!

Brian
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing Properties
4.00 star(s)
This is a brand that I regularly buy every time I go to Israel. It's definitely one of the most popular brands used over there. The cream which is green in color, comes in a big tube, price-wise, you can't really go wrong, the packaging is no-hell, just a plain box, but who cares! :lol: The scent is very pleasant, somewhat akin to Mennen Skin Bracer Original. The lather is rich, creamy and pleasant, and has good moisturization. I give it the double thumbs up grade.

Jeff
Top Bottom