What's new

Master Lilac Vegetol AS Lotion

First review, so go easy. So far, I've used Adidas Dynamic Pulse, Pinaud Bay Rum, Alt-Innsbruck, Osage Rub and Master Lilac.

Price: Pretty good price on this. I got mine at a local barber supply shop for 6 or 7 bucks. I think it's an especially good value, given that I have to use very little to get the desired effect and scent. This bottle will likely last me quite a while.

Quality: I haven't used any other Master products, but it seems my experience with this one is similar to what I've ready about other Master products. Feels good going on, not too cheap. Packaging is nothing fancy, but it's a barbershop scent, so I don't expect much.

Fights Razor Burn: I gave it a 7 here. I think it does a better than average job, but not as good as say AI, or, at least in my experience, Pinaud Bay Rum. If all goes well with technique, this usually isn't an issue for me.

Cooling Sensation: I think that's an N/A for this AS. As far as I know, there's no menthol. When I want cooling, I reach for the AI or Osage.

Scent: I bought this for spring, and I wasn't disappointed. Smells strongly of lilacs, especially out of the bottle. However, I think it dries down to a nice, mellow, masculine scent. I can't quite put my finger on what "variety" of scent I would classify it under (e.g. powdery, woodsy, etc.), but I would put it in the gentlemanly category of scents. It smells nothing like AI, but it's in that same flowery/sweet, but then masculine category, at least to my nose.

Efficacy: I sort of combine quality, fights razor burn and moisturizing into this category, so see comments under those line items.

Moisturizing: Very moisturizing in my opinion, as far as alcohol based splashes go, anyway. I have somewhat oily skin, and this treats me pretty well.

No Alcohol Burn: For having alcohol as the first ingredient, I get very little burn from this product. Only on my worst technique days to I get any at all.

All in all, I really like this AS, especially for the money. If you like floral scents, I would definitely give it a whirl.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I went to Atlanta Barber Supply about a month ago on a haul, and I intended to get Master's Topaz while I was there. Well, I did pick up Topaz, but on a lark I bought the Master's Lilac Vegetol as well. Funny thing is, I ended up liking the LV much more than Topaz!

This has a great lilac scent, much more lilac than Pinaud LV in my opinion. However, it's grounded in the herbal or earthy portion of the product, so it's still manly. I do not find this artificial. I've smelled lilacs and this captures them well.

As far as longevity, this is a longer lasting scent than the Topaz, for instance. So, for a Master's scent, this does hang around for a while.

All Master's AS products go on smooth and mild, and this is no exception. There is no menthol in this, so the only "cooling" would come from alcohol.

I consider this to be to be a wonderful addition to my rotation, and I paid around $5 for 15 ounces, can't beat that.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I love the Master's A/S products, but was never enamored by most of the scents, Lilac Vegetol being one of the two exceptions (the other is their bay rum). Great moisturizing properties, and I never need a balm except during the dry months of winter, and only minor problems then.

The scent is pretty good- smells fairly natural to me, although there is something reminiscent of some baby product or fabric softener scenting agent they use in there. It's kinda strong and lasts a while on me, so you probably better like it as it might stick around. My wife's not a fan, so I don't use it anymore.

Overall, it's pretty good stuff if you like flowery scents. Compared to the vile dreck that is the Pinaud Lilac Vegetal, this is practically the nectar of the gods.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Frankly I don't see what all the fuss is about. This is a decent-performing aftershave, like all the Master products, but has a nasty, synthetic, overpowering scent. I'm surprised that so many of the gentlemen on this board enjoy it - to me it smelled like inexpensive perfume that an older woman might wear, or perhaps shampoo. I'm not particularly conservative about masculine versus feminine scents, but this did not smell in the least masculine to me. In my opinion Pinaud's controversial Lilac Vegetal beats this in scent (although it's harsher and less moisturizing).
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Do not fear - this is NOTHING like the infamous Pinaud Lilac Vegetal.

Master LV actually smells like lilacs. There is no cloying ammonia-y "cat pee" smell here... just LILACS... and a little powder.

Very fresh, flowery, enjoyable!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Love this stuff. Clean and airy. Apply it liberally all over. It doesn't linger a long time and you can add an edt later on. It's refreshing, invigorating, and compelling. Great value.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Just got this one and let me tell you, I love it, and Im not a big fan of lavender, rose, or flowery scents. This DOES smell JUST like my Lilac trees in my yard. Nothing bad about this product from Master Well Comb. Dont be scared by it being a lilac vegetol or by the Clubman Vegetol's sometimes bad reviews. This is a winner and the scent does stay getting whiffs hours into the day.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)