What's new

Master Bay Rum

Item Description

Since my voyage into wetshaving, I have collected, as many of you have, many aftershave splashes and I have found, for me, that Master Bay Rum works great. Even in the winter did I very rarely find the need for a follow-up balm to be used. Applying this splash is one of my favorite parts in my routine of wetshaving!

Latest reviews

If you are on the fence trying to decide whether or not to try it, go ahead and spend the 8 bucks and get a bottle of Masters Bay Rum.

Sure, it doesn't have the pungent spice-kick of Ogalalla or Pinaud, but it isn't faint smelling either. It lasts as long as an AS should. Its a clean bay rum smell.

It has glycerin in it, and I believe this is why it doesn't tighten your face up too much. Very moisturizing for a bay rum. Low alcohol content, almost no burn. This is a +.

It has worked great everytime, and I really think this stuff is good at fighting razor burn. Don't get it for a cooling sensation, there is none.

Hopefully I can run across more Master's products. I now know why you can find these bottles at so many traditional barbershops. It's great stuff. Try it
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Don't let the smell out of the bottle fool you, like I did. I passed on this bottle at Sally's when I first bought a large bottle of Pinaud Clubman's which sets next to it in the store. Once I started reading some glowing praises on B and B, I decided to try it. I have not been disappointed one bit. Good moisturizing qualities for a splash. Love the scent. The bottle will last for years considering how much I rotate aftershaves, and how big the bottle is. Not as spicy a scent combination as Clubman's. Reminds me more of Ogalalla, except not hot to the face.

Jeff
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
bokaba;961256 said:
A true classic bay rum that I suspect would please the likes of Ernest Hemingway and Teddy Roosevelt. This is what an aftershave should be like--bracing and soothing at the same time. The glycerin and real bay oil are wonderful--although I wish it had a shot of menthol. The scent is complex--not something one would expect from a plastic bottle. Its around 10 at Sally Beauty and even though I feel out of place at Sally Beauty I will brave going there for Master and Clubman products.

I agree with the above. A very good, quality product. :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn