What's new

Marvy

Pros: inexpencive
Cons: poorly made
just picked this up yesterday.4-19-14 thought that they might have made some impovments in the last 3 years but apparently not. the handel is hollow plastic. the "hair" is stiff and thick. reminds me of staw, but not as thick.

overall not good. going to use it to clean hair off the razor.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
4.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
4.00 star(s)
Absolute crap, grot of the highest order. :thumbdown
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
Boyextraordinare;965423 said:
This is an absolute piece of junk. Bought and immediately returned.

Pay a tad more and get an Omega.

AMEN

I tried it, after about 30 uses, in rotation with VDH and Tweezerman brushes, it fell apart. Lost an average of 15 hairs for every shave.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
2.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
My wife picked this up at Sally's the other day because I needed a brush. Based on what some are saying here, I think I know the major problem w/my lather: this brush!

Two days later, I found the VDH set at Wal-Mart (and bought it). If I had known the Wally World here sold the VDH, I would have had her to go there instead.

I'm not an expert on any of this, I just know that this brush is not worth $5!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
0.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
I, too, picked this one up at Sally's Beauty Supply. Hoo! mine was pointy. I had to actually trim it to get it into a "fan" shape. I honestly haven't used it with soap, but it does good with canned gel. Now that I have a badger brush, I'm probably going to use the Marvy to scrub the john then chuck it.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
1.00 star(s)
Quality
1.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
1.00 star(s)
Latherability
1.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
5.00 star(s)
I bought this brush yesterday. When I first got it, I ran my finger through the brush to see how stiff it was, and it shed 6-7 hairs. A little while afterward, I shampooed/conditioned it. Lost 10 more hairs. Finally that night, I shaved with it using Col. Conk almond shave soap, and after I loaded the brush, the darn thing won't produce a lather! I thought I had just not used enough, so I loaded more soap into the brush. nothing. A little more water, and still nothing. How is one supposed to shave without a lather? Oh and I lost about 12 MORE hairs...:001_rolle I chucked it into the trash and grabbed a new brush. Seriously though, my VDH Deluxe boar brush doesn't even shed that much. The only positive sides are that the brush is narrow and small, so maneuverability isn't a problem. That, and when it dries, it still looks wet (bristle clinging together :lol:). I feel like I literally threw 4 buck in the trash. Save your money for a better brush, or worst case scenario, A VDH Deluxe Brush.

BTW, I rated a 9 for the price because its cheap, and a 4 for softness because after using s/c, it was stiff but softer than my VDH brush.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Density
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
0.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
2.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
0.00 star(s)
The only thing positive is the price, but frankly, it's not even worth it. I've owned three and all three fell apart after 10-15 latherings. Feels like crap in the hand.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
2.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
0.00 star(s)
Latherability
3.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
1.00 star(s)
Stiffness of Tips
3.00 star(s)
This is an absolute piece of junk. Bought and immediately returned.

Pay a tad more and get an Omega.
I got this brush a good while back, and it is properly broken in now. It does not shed many hairs if any now, and it is small so it lathers with very little soap or cream. The size of the brush (quite small) makes it ideal for manuvering in tight under the nose places and it is only like three or four dollars so you won't be shelling out too much green. I really like it but it is deffinately not for the luxury shave and that is obvious very quickly.

Just on a side note it dries in very funny shapes no matter what you do.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Density
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Ergonomic
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
4.00 star(s)
Softness of Tips
3.00 star(s)