What's new

Marvis Jasmine Mint Toothpaste

Item Description

I threw a tube of Marvis Jasmine Mint toothpaste onto a recent shave order. I suppose I was expecting a knock-out, strong scent and a pleasant, foaming toothpaste that leaves your mouth feeling great. I was pretty sorely disappointed. The biggest knock on Marvis is that you get 75 ml (3.8 oz) for $10. :eek: Compare this price to what I usually buy which is a 3 pack of Crest or Colgate from the local warehouse chain. Each tube is almost double the size of the Marvis and the total package (3 tubes) is around half the price. So if price is not an object, is it worth it? Not really.

Price - Insane.

Quality - Very high quality product.

Scent - Here's the rub - not all that great. The Jasmine Mint is slightly floral and a touch minty, but nothing overly memorable or anything to get excited about. It is not any more "minty" that run of the mill grocery store toothpaste.

Efficacy - Fine I suppose (not due for a dental appointment for a bit yet). Does an OK job cleaning teeth. I can't tell a short time later that I brushed my teeth with Marvis feel-wise any more than Crest or Colgate. It is not extra foaming or anything else out of the ordinary.

Packaging - Great. It better be for the price. Nice and classic. No flip top tubes - just a nice tube with a fancy twist off cap.

The verdict? Save your cash for shave stuff. :biggrin:

Latest reviews

I ordered some things from C.O. Bigelow and they threw in a free sample of the "Strong Mint" Marvis toothpaste. It was strong, and mint, but there was very obviously some kind of artificial sweetener in the flavoring. I've been using Tom's peppermint for so long that I can no longer tolerate this from a toothpaste. The Marvis performed okay, but Tom's is half as much and twice as good.
I threw a tube of Marvis Jasmine Mint toothpaste onto a recent shave order. I suppose I was expecting a knock-out, strong scent and a pleasant, foaming toothpaste that leaves your mouth feeling great. I was pretty sorely disappointed. The biggest knock on Marvis is that you get 75 ml (3.8 oz) for $10. :eek: Compare this price to what I usually buy which is a 3 pack of Crest or Colgate from the local warehouse chain. Each tube is almost double the size of the Marvis and the total package (3 tubes) is around half the price. So if price is not an object, is it worth it? Not really.

Price - Insane.

Quality - Very high quality product.

Scent - Here's the rub - not all that great. The Jasmine Mint is slightly floral and a touch minty, but nothing overly memorable or anything to get excited about. It is not any more "minty" that run of the mill grocery store toothpaste.

Efficacy - Fine I suppose (not due for a dental appointment for a bit yet). Does an OK job cleaning teeth. I can't tell a short time later that I brushed my teeth with Marvis feel-wise any more than Crest or Colgate. It is not extra foaming or anything else out of the ordinary.

Packaging - Great. It better be for the price. Nice and classic. No flip top tubes - just a nice tube with a fancy twist off cap.

The verdict? Save your cash for shave stuff. :biggrin:
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing