What's new

Margaritas in the Arctic

Pros: Awesome Lather! Great Sent! Icy COLD!
Cons: None
I've come to love Stirling Soaps, they lather like no other, provide fantastic glide and protection, and have one of the best post-face feels. Having an affinity for citrus based scents, and looking for something on those warm days, I ordered a container while reordering with a coupon from Stirling last summer.

When lathering, the first thing you notice is the pleasant citrus scent, very reminiscent of making a Margarita, just as it's name implies. Like other Stirling Soaps I've used, the lather is very robust, nice thick and creamy. It's also one of the easiest soaps to create that lather, I owned soaps costing 2x-3x more, which don't lather nearly as well. If you've never tired their soaps, I cannot recommend them highly enough, but I digress. So I'm all lathered up, grab my Fat-Boy, set on 5 with a brand new Rapira Platinum Lux blade. Effortless glide across the face, now I'm wondering if I actually loaded a blade into the Fat-Boy. Yep, there's a blade, and the whiskers have knocked down, so I resume making my first pass. About half way through, HOLY COW is there lots of menthol in this stuff.....so much for the clogged sinuses, and your face begins feeling the chill. Rinse off, start to re-lather for the second pass. Good God, this stuff gets even colder in the bowl than on your face. Make no mistake, this is not a soap for the faint of heart, who want the winter time warm lather out of their scuttle. This is a real man's beat the heat cold, and fantastic on a warm/hot summer day soap. By the time pass three finishes, your face is nearly numb from the chill of the Arctic, which feels like it tagged along in the container to pay you a visit. Post shave, you face feels great, there's no drying of the skin, you feel refreshed and cool all over. He needs to bottle this stuff, but wait, they do, now I need to go order some of the post-shave splash to go with it.

All in all, this soap doesn't disappoint and definitely lives up to it's name, it smells wonderfully citrus and has enough menthol to satisfy even the most die-hard menthol addict. The performance is top notch, just like the other Stirling Soaps I've used, and it's relatively cheap to boot. - I paid $12.50 for a pretty big 5.8oz tub, which seems to take forever to use up. I can't recommend Stirling Soaps enough, and they've quickly become my go-to soap of choice.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: Smells, lathers, and feels awesome!
Cons: None
Rod sure knows how to make fantastic soaps!

The MITA has everything I love - a beautiful, refreshing citrusy scent, tons of rich, slick lather, and a great menthol effect which feels so good on a hot, humid day. The post-shave care from this soap is unbeatable!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Pros: menthol, price
Cons: none
I picked this up on my first excursion to Pasteur's in NYC based on the ability to pick this up and smell it. We need more brick and mortar stores and I think more soaps and AS would be flying of the shelves. This is an awesome one-two punch of citrus and menthol with a nice, slick, thick lather.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)