What's new

Mandom

Pros: Very light, soft scent. The scent stays with you for a fair bit.
Cons: No menthol or alcohol. Pretty hot all the time where I live, so for me not having that cooling effect is a negative. Also can be harder to find in the US.
This product is one of my new favorite, go-to aftershaves now. The scent is really nice and not over-powering, the moisturizing effect is actually pretty nice (it kind of feels soft and talc-y after it dries), the price wasn't horrible (ten bucks plus six-ish in shipping is well under some of the big boys), the bottle is pleasant to look at (oh you know you like pretty things ;) ), basically all around quality product.

For the price, I would recommend everyone try it at least once. The only thing that people might not like is the scent. It is a little hard to describe, but soft, a HINT of citrus, clean...I got told, "You smell like man." yesterday when I used it heh. I know that probably doesn't help, but it is the best way to describe it :) .

Just on a side note, I put a 10 for "no alcohol burn" because I thought 10 was saying that there was zero burn. If it is supposed to be 1 I apologize, but there is no burn or cooling effect. I also put a 6 for fights razor burn, cause since I started wet shaving I haven't had any razor burn, so it might, it might not. I also don't read Japanese so I wasn't sure if the product claims to fight it (the limited information on the back in relation to the product only suggests moisturizing).
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, Price, Soothing
Cons: None
Puts me in the mind of a night in Vegas in '64.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I was one of the lucky one who was up and saw Dave (thunderball) sale on BST to get a bottle of Mandom a few months back. I want to be sure that I'm going to review this right so I waited and tried it a lot. My bottle passed the half way mark and I love it!

This product is good and works well. It doesn't burn much compared to other splash that I tried. This was my introduction to the world of splash aftershaves. Since then, I didn't go back to the balms.

The scent reminds me of Mandarin.

I think that Charley Bronson was lucky not to catch fire when applying Mandom + smoking a pipe at the same time. I wouldn't do it that way but we both open the bottle the same way...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8bqVL0VXrE[/YOUTUBE]
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Ha, it's GREAT! Of course, I really couldn't help myself the first time I took off the top of the bottle, I had to do it "Bronson Style". It wasn't quite as dramatic when I did it, and when I splished a wimpy amount onto my wrist to see what olfactory horrors it might release, all I got was a kid who jumped into the bathroom shooting a capgun at me. I think it's dosage dependent!

That said, I must say I like the cedar/sage + powdered citrus sort of scent. It's decidedly "vintage" but that's fine by me. It's got some class and makes a statement. If a tree fell in the forest and there was no one there to smell it, that tree would still want to smell like Mandom!

Someone please tell me why I now have an irresistible urge to walk around talking like Mojo Jojo! Mandom!! Try it! You too, will want to say it in this way!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
I don't know about the aftershave, but that review should win some literary awards!!!:001_smile
A friend of mine just came back from Japan and got me a bottle. It cost about 545yen (A$6.50) for a 125ml bottle. I like this stuff but not the best aftershave I've used. The scent for me is great. I love it:w00t:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
When I first read Thunderball's review, I marveled at his brilliant prose. A cheap, out of date Japanese aftershave transformed by the writer's craft. It's the kind of review that makes me happy to belong to B&B.

But, my badger-brushing brothers, I now know a greater truth. Thunderball's review opened a window on a whole new world of manliness that I once believed to be fiction. Until I cracked open my own bottle of Mandom and splashed it onto my newly shaven face. Let me tell you--all that he wrote is true. And more.

Get yourself a bottle and join us on the other side. But before you do, make sure that you're man enough for the ride. Mandom accepts no half measures, no hesitation, no cowards. It's Mandom.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is really an entertaining review. Well done!
I have never seen it anywhere. Who sells it?
One of the best review I read. I wish I was still wrestling alligators in the Everglades. Mandon would be in my backpack; who knows I might even made the alligators docile
Excellent write up. Entertaining as well, I laughed out loud. The only caveat I would add is, if your gonna be this manly you MUST wear the 3 Wolf Moon T-Shirt (Read the reviews, it's worth it!)

:cool:
That was beautiful. That's not a review, that was prose.

Thunderball, bravo. You are the Big Daddy of Mandom reviews.

All the world, loves a reviewer. All the shavers, in every land.

MMmmmm, Mandom review.
Well, I figure I'd post my two cents regarding the Mandom. It is thoroughly average in every regard (It works about as well as 90% of the other aftershaves out there) but I just don't dig the smell. It has a pronounced kerosene-like drydown with hints of mandarin. Not my thing.

I love Charles Bronson, btw. I always figured him more for an Aqua Velva man, though.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
2.00 star(s)
Efficacy
2.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
Oh my. I must get this. I was always looking for a scent that compliments my bear-wrestling hobby.
Excellent post TB. If I can find this up here, I guess I'll have to give it a try. :cool:
There is a place where men can still be men, and that place is called Mandom. Feared, loved, revered and reviled, much like its frontman Charles Bronson this aftershave is anything but bashful. Like Tabac it divides men...families...armies...and indeed nations. It has been referred to with such far-ranging epithets as "pure unalloyed essence of awesomeness" and "urinal pucks and bugspray". Though I myself lean in favour of the former description, I also understand and accept the latter, just as I accept (and even welcome in a sadistic kind of way) my wife's comments that I "smell older than the oldest person she can imagine"...now that's old.

With Mandom, one must know what one is getting oneself into. This is not something you casually splash on in hopes of attracting the fairer sex down at the mall. This is not Joe Jonas, this is Clint Eastwood. This is not JayZ, this is Jack Lord. 2009? Try 1970. This is a scent for men who are so engaged in manly pursuits that there is simply no time for women. It is to be splashed on when riding alone in the desert, when reclining solo in your buckskins 'round a dying campfire, when fishing without a fishing rod, when wrestling boar mono-au-mono in the African wilds. Is Mandom for you? Only you can answer that.

What I can say is that this stuff works and you're not going to have to use all your poker winnings to get it. It plays 'good cop, bad cop' with your face as it at once burns like tequila and soothes like aloe. The fragrance is a heady mix of alcohol, leather, musk and other manly intangibles. Is it for everybody? I think not, and that is why I like it. Is it my everyday aftershave? Hell no. I simply don't have the stuffing to pack this kind of power daily, but for those special days when I just want to kick back and fly my Spitfire naked or ride out into the desert to hunt sidewinders bare-handed there's simply nothing else I'll use.

proxy.php

Does this man look approachable to you? Hardly. And that, my friends, is Mandom.
Top Bottom