What's new

Mama Bear's White Tie Cologne

I liked this one quite a bit. The opening is indeed very citrus...builds to a point where it is almost too sharp (I thought it began smelling a bit like a citronella candle), but JUST at this point the drydown began and it was PERFECT. Very complex, very spicy...reminded me a bit of Hammam during its drydown (but don't quote me on this...I can have a crazy sense of smell).

My only issue was that for me it didn't seem to last too long...certainly long enough to be worthwhile (i.e., not like 4711), but it lasts about 2 to 3 hours.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
I didn't think I would like it at first, then the dry down hooked me. Outstanding scent for evening as described. Matches up well with a citrus shave cream like Fraser's.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Mama Bear's White Tie Cologne

Manufacturer's description:
White Tie. Suitable for evening wear, it is a fragrance every bit as dressy as its name. It speaks of sophistication, taste, and a confident sensuality.
[FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]White Tie opens with brilliant notes of Litsea Cubeba, Bergamot, Bay Leaf, and Cardamom, whose warmth lingers throughout the fragrance to the drydown.[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,sans-serif]Middle notes of a Green, leafy accord, Juniper berry, Black Pepper, and Rose Geranium are woven together with Bulgarian lavender into a spicy, exciting melange.[/FONT]

Finally, a drydown of Vetiver, Ylang, and Amber speaks of quiet moments, dancing cheek to cheek into the wee hours, and that one last, lingering, kiss.

The Cubeba and Bergamot are a perfect opener. The complex citrus blend plateaus at just the right level and is balanced just wonderfully by the leafy herbs that follow.

What's left behind is something that brings to mind a candlelit dinner. The lingering scent is so much more subtle and complex, it almost begs one to take another whiff. I seem to pick up the lavender the most amongst all the notes, and it seems to carry over into the final notes which makes the cologne almost seem to sweeten over time.

White Tie lasts longer on me than most colognes -- I recently received a compliment on it over 5 hours after I applied it. I've been very pleased with the staying power.

Sue's knocked another one out of the park with her cologne, although don't let the name fool you. It can be a special occasion cologne, or just something you use to dress-up a normal evening.

Well worth every penny... from a classic perfumer this would cost two to three times as much, easy.

Edit: forgot this part:
For discussion or questions on this review, go here!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)