What's new

Mama Bear's Spicey Lime

This stuff is really good. I am not WILD about the scent, I think I may order some of the Lime Ice, but it shaves very well. I got a great shave this morning with my '66 SuperSpeed.

Highly Recommended!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Mama Bear has done it again! I whipped this up for one of the best shaves ever! This is my favorite of her scents after the classic Rosemary Mint. Add a little "Spice"y Lime to your rotation, you won't regret it...I didn't! Thank you Mama Bear!:em2200:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
The reviews of Mama Bear's soaps all speak to the quality and luxury and this is no exception. This is absolutely my daily shaving soap for the forseeable future. It took just a bit of practice to get a good lather, and it does take a little more work than I had expected but wasn't overly tough so it got an 8.

The shave I had with it was wonderful, slick, rich, thick and wonderful feeling on my face. I did feel the need to put on some balm afterwards, but I wouldn't say my skin was dry, so the moisturizing category seemed about average for me.

The thing that really drew me to this soap was the scent. I am a huge fan of SCS Bay rum with a twist EDT and so I was looking for something in that vein. Being a huge fan of lime I was expecting the lime to be a bit stronger in this scent. However I wasn't upset that the lime was more subtle. There are wonderfully spicy notes and the lime comes through but not in an overpowering way.

The scent is (to my nose) in a word, perfect. It is what I would like to smell like all day, if I could get this exact scent in a bath soap (ideally liquid like Dr. Bronners) it would be the only soap I ever used.

This product truly makes me glad I decided to take a foray into soaps and leave the familiar comforts of creams. It is a wonderful experience to use and really adds to the whole wetshaving mystique for me. The fact that smell is amazing just helps.

On Mama Bear's site she describes this soap with the following "One whiff of this and you will know what clean man should smell like". I couldn't agree more. I am sooo hooked.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)