What's new

Mama Bear's Shave Soap (New Recipe) - Fleur de Soul

After hearing so many great things about Mama Bear's Shaving soaps I finally bought some, and I was not disappointed. This is by far the best soap that I have used, especially for the price. Shaving with this soap was so smooth that my Old Spice After Shave DIDN'T burn. The lubrication and protection was amazing.

The only problem I have with this soap is that it smells nothing like it is described. I have a very strong sense of smell and expected to smell to be a sweet peppery smell. However, my soap only smells like Rose. Pure Rose, nothing else. It is to the point that I believe that I may have gotten a pure rose soap accidentally mislabeled as Fleur De Seul. Luckily, the Rose scent is wonderful, and the soap itself, amazing. :biggrin1:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Price

$8.99 which includes a plastic storage container.

Quality

Nothing but the finest natural ingredients, no preservatives & the finest essential oils.

Scent

I should mention that I am partial to this offering as I had a hand in it's development. My original inspiration was the Molton Brown Black Pepper offerings. Earlier this year, I had talked with Mama Bear about making a black pepper soap but she thought it would burn while shaving so I decided it would not be a good idea. Fast forward to October and the idea entered my mind again so I contacted Mama Bear and she made mention that she ordered some black pepper essential oil with me in mind & I should travel down to design a scent! We had emailed some thoughts back & forth and a rose/pepper blend was settled upon.

I arrived at the labs of Mama Bear and with her guidance we set to work. My original intention was to dump in some rose & black pepper essential oils - there, project compete. I could not have been more wrong with this assumption. The blending of scents takes quite a bit of time to balance the oils properly. This new offering is the culmination of my lovely afternoon visit with Mama Bear. Upon first opening the shave soap you will be welcomed with the warm scent of black pepper, followed by a romantic woodsy rose scent & finally a very faint patchouli undertone. This is NOT strictly a black pepper offering but rather a sensual balance between all essential oils.

I would also like to mention to the gents that might be concerned about the black pepper essential oil burning your face while shaving. I have experienced extreme burning sensations while using some other shave soaps but after testing this for three days, I have experienced no burning at all.

Efficacy & Moisturizing

If you have not yet tried Mama Bear shave soaps, you will experience nothing less than a luxurious morning shave that will leave your skin very soft and without irritation. I could have posted pics similar to what other gents have but why duplicate the efforts. I can assure you the qualities are identical to other Mama Bear soaps.

I want to thank Mama Bear for taking time out of her busy day to spend time with me making this new scented soap. I would suggest gents pick this shave soap to experience a scent like nothing else available in the market, it is a sensory experience like no other.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)