What's new

Mama Bear's Ponderosa Pine Winter Aftershave

This is the most mousurizing ASB I have in my den. Admittedly I have not tried many, but I can say first hand that it tops Musgo Real ASB, Proraso ASB, and SCS Avocado oil for mosturizing effect. Even better, it stays workable on your skin longer than these other ASBs so you can really work it into your beard area.

However, it does have a pretty strong burn if your shave is sloppy. Not in an alcohol-burn kind of way, but with a slow irritating burn that gets worse over the period of a minute but mercifully goes away quickly after that. The skin is left feeling quite nice once this is over.

This is now my go to ASB for most shaves. If I have a terrible shave with tons of razor burn. I will go to a two tiered plan of Speick AS and Musgo Real ASB.
As you would expect from any Mama Bear product this aftershave is top quality. I absolutely love the scent of pine trees so I thought I'd have to give this a try.

The price, about $25, is not to bad. I am not sure of the fluid ounce content but the bottle is pretty large. Its a little more than her other aftershaves but hey, its a limited edition.

The scent is a little off for me. Its not bad but I was hoping to be punched in the face by a pine tree. I can smell a little pine with something else that I can't put me finger on. My wife says it smells like christmas. It also does not last very long but that is okay with me.

The performance is outstanding. Its a little thicker than most "milks" I have tired but not quite a balm. There is no cooling effect but for me it soothes a little razor burn quite well. The moisturizing effects are quite good as well lasting a good portion of the day for me.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)