What's new

Mama Bear's Ocean Rain

I like this soap. It has a middle of the road smell. Not unpleasant- just not outstanding.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is my first Mama Bear's soap, and I have to say that these soaps live up to their reputation for high quality. That said, I think Mama Bear's main draw is the huge variety of scents - the soap itself is very good, but not quite as good a shaving performer as some of the standby creams (Spieck, Musgo Real, Salters).

Price/Quality/Packaging: You get a lot for your money, and it comes in a very nice plastic tub. It's not decorative like some of the high-end English wooden bowls, but it works perfectly and is a fraction of the price.

Scent: This is a lovely, fresh ocean scent. It has nice soapy notes but is overall a little bit artificial smelling. This isn't bad - it smells like a really nice, clean bath soap. Scent doesn't linger on the face, which is fine.

Lather/Efficacy: A typical high quality glycerin soap, very slick, good lather, leaves a nice lubricating coating on the face. It seems forgiving of water levels and would be great for someone new to wet shaving.

Moisturizing: Not drying, nor particularly moisturizing.

Overall a very nice soap - if you think you'd like the scent, you can't go wrong. I'm not going to abandon my creams in its favor, but it might be very nice and refreshing on occasion.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)