What's new

Mama Bear's New Recipe Sandalwood Vanilla!

So there have been a number of reviews of MamaBear's products before. If you want to check them out, here's a couple. Spiced Apple Cider, Patchouli, and Joel's review of MamaBear Soaps!.

I felt that I needed to post one on this amazing Sandalwood Vanilla because it is now my favorite shaving soap.

PRICE
http://www.bear-haven.com/page3.html

For $6.99, this soap was impossible for me to resist. In fact I purchased a few to satisfy my SSAD.

QUALITY
This stuff is amazing and just feels much better than my QED rose. All of MamaBear's soaps lather, smell, feel, and shave excellently.

SCENT
I was very surprised with the smell. I was expecting the vanilla to make this too sweet, but that just wasn't the case. The vanilla compliments the sandalwood VERY well and neither is overbearing.

LATHER
Thick, Smooth, and luxurious... this stuff has got it all!

Here are some pictures (excuse the poor quality, my bathroom is very dark for some reason)

proxy.php

Brush is nice and charged with the soapy goodness.

proxy.php

About 5 swirls in my $1.99 bowl I got at target.

proxy.php

15-20 more swirls in the target bowl

proxy.php

around 20 more swirls and we have the finished product.

proxy.php

Very thick stuff, it took a while for the lubrication of the soap to wash away under my faucet.

FINAL THOUGHTS
This is amazing stuff, I know I have said that a billion times, but it's true. I recommend that everyone try one of her excellent soaps. It's so good I'm going to knock out all my other soaps out of this week's rotation so I can fully enjoy this wonderful soap.

IF YOU WISH TO REPLY WITHOUT POSTING YOUR OWN REVIEW, PLEASE DO SO HERE http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php?t=8026
Well have to say that immediatelly after you open the package you would be astonished by its great smell. I found myself smelling this soap for about 20 minutes and still could not get enough. Latherability of this soap is also great but had quite problems for the first time. This, however, was my problem as I never lathered shaving soap. I only had problem lathering it in a bowl but when trying to lather it on my face it worked great! After I finished my shave I noticed NO irritation (shaved against grain) and even in the area of adam's apple there was no red skin. Simply superb shave. As to the mositurizing ability of this soap - I forgot to put on my aftershave because the skin was so hydrated I did not have to use any aftershave!

This would be my everyday companion and am looking forward to it. If you compare the price to the quality of this product you get more than you pay for!!! Really great stuff Sue!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
All of Mama Bears soaps are great. As long as she makes them Ill be buying them. The two soaps that come to mind are her Old Spice and Rosemary Mint, they both lather up quickly and are very thick. You just cant go wrong!Did I mention they smell Great!! One tub lasts about a month and I use a liberal amount.:w00t:
This is one of my favorite scents too, and I'll have some of it on hand for as long as Sue makes it. For that matter I'd want to stock up heavily if she ever planned to discontinue it.

I find that this soap requires a little bit more work to get that great Mama Bear creamy lather than a few of her others for some reason but it's well worth the effort.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This has to be the best soap on the market. The smell is incredible and last forever. The soap is easy to lather and is very slick. Mama Bear has a customer for life.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
awsome scent, one of her best. Very soothing, but not too soothing.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Excellent soap, lathers like crazy, slick and very rich. I'm a bit dissapointed that the smell isn't strong enough. The initial smell from the tub is very yummy, subtle, but the smell gets very faint to nearly non existing once you lather it on your face. Maybe I had an old batch or one that wasn't made with more scent. I did give the soap a lower number for the scent. Not because I don't like the scent or smell but because it's to faint and not strong enough. But besides that it's a very nice soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This was one of my first soaps, and I wasn't all that impressed. Since learning how to use soaps better, I decided I would work up a lather with this soap tonight. :em2400: WOW!

It took hardly anytime to work up a lather that literally started oozing out of my Georgetown scuttle. The amount of lather alone was staggering. I easily had enough for 4 passes (and lather to spare). However, the performance was what took my breath away. It stayed extremely well hydrated, was thick and cushioned like a cream, and slick as a quality soap.

This quite possibly could have been my best experience with a soap... I can't say enough good things about the performance.

The vanilla mixes very well with the sandalwood as well. With a nice, warm lather, I think that this is a truly amazing product. I highly recommend this :thumbup1:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
timm;206058 said:
This has to be the best soap on the market. The smell is incredible and last forever. The soap is easy to lather and is very slick. Mama Bear has a customer for life.

+100000

Agree 100%
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)