What's new

Mama Bear's "Mysore Sandalwood"

I just got a bottle of this stuf and think its very good for the price.

The packaging is pretty basic - but no complaints at this price - I also buy cologne for the scent, not the package.

In terms of scent, I find the scent upon application to be a little on the sweet side and you get an alcohol scent. Fortunately, this quickly dries down to a nice woody sandalwood scent that I think is quite true to its name.

This is not a strong scent (but most pure sandalwood scents aren't) and has decent staying power (several hours at least on me).

While I still prefer Floris sandalwood or my Arden sandalwood (which has other elements that help with staying power), the Mama Bear offers very good value for the price and is a nice scent in its own right.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
3.00 star(s)
Just wanted to chime in with agreement with the review. This is pleasant and a clear winner with my better half. At the very reasonable price, really worth trying. It always reminds me of the freshly shaved sandalwood I encounter at a hotel I occasionally visit in Japan. The packaging isn't fancy, but the supply is substantial. The service from Mama Bear is consistently great. And hey, even my teenage daughter approves.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Mama Bear's "Mysore Sandalwood" shave soap is one of my favorites! Dare I say that if it were the only choice available, I would be very content to use it every single day?

The cologne version of "MySore Sandalwood" allows me to enjoy that great scent long after my shave! The scent is light, fresh and clean... and long-lasting. I don't know how to describe it, in terms of complexity. I only know that I really like it, and that it's a tremendous value!

Tchau,
chop-chop
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
1.00 star(s)