What's new

Mama Bear's Marauder's Citrus

Item Description

The first of Mama Bear's soaps I tried from my recent order and the first shaving soap I've used at all so I really didn't know what to expect.

After a bit of practice I managed to make a WONDERFUL lather with this soap using the stickied technique in the soap forum. Thick, rich, cushioney and very very slick.

I suspect that the amount I have will last a very long time, and at $9 it is a little pricier than the other Mama soaps, but it is made with real EO's so that is kinda nice.

While I am a big fan of citrus and spice this smelled a little sweet to my tastes at first.

However after actually lathering and shaving with it, it has grown on me quite a bit.

All told a wonderful buy.

Latest reviews

Price: Neither cheap nor expensive. Given the quality of the ingredients and the fantastic customer support, ~$10 for this bowl of soap is a no-brainer.

Quality: Mama Bear's soaps have a certain feel to them, and one can easily tell that love plays a big part in their creation. They come in sturdy polymer bowls which are upgradeable to attractive wooden ones, but can easily be melted to fit any container. The quality is top-notch, and I admire their homemade charm.

Scent: If you like bay rum, you owe it to yourself to give this one a sniff. Using only essential oils, the soap blends Dominican bay and tangerine for a very clean, yet warm, bay rum. Fans of St. John's Bay Rum will likely enjoy this scent, as the focus is on bay rather than cloves and cinnamon. The tangerine imparts a sweet citrus brightness, making for a truly wonderful concoction. This could very well be my favorite bay rum thus far. Sue, if you're reading this, how about a Marauders Citrus cologne splash? :wink:

Lather: As per usual for Mama Bear, the lather from this soap is outstanding. I had no problem generating copious amounts of slick, creamy lather.

Efficacy: I routinely get great shaves with this soap. I guess you could say it's efficacious. :sneaky2:

Moisturizing: I love glycerin soaps for their moisturizing properties, and this is no exception. I'll definitely be reaching for this when winter rolls around.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I got this one recently when I purchased 2 other scents from Mama Bear. I really enjoy this soap. From my experience with the 3 scents I have they lather and shave pretty much the same which is to say it is a fine shave. The price is pretty good and the soaps seem to last a while. I can't really think of anything bad to say. I love the smell of this one with the citrus and spice combo. It is very pleasant.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
The first of Mama Bear's soaps I tried from my recent order and the first shaving soap I've used at all so I really didn't know what to expect.

After a bit of practice I managed to make a WONDERFUL lather with this soap using the stickied technique in the soap forum. Thick, rich, cushioney and very very slick.

I suspect that the amount I have will last a very long time, and at $9 it is a little pricier than the other Mama soaps, but it is made with real EO's so that is kinda nice.

While I am a big fan of citrus and spice this smelled a little sweet to my tastes at first.

However after actually lathering and shaving with it, it has grown on me quite a bit.

All told a wonderful buy.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing