What's new

Mama Bear's Lime Shaving Soap

I used this soap for the past 2 weeks as my daily shave soap. I use a straight razor. I got ~15 shaves / 3 passes with the soap. I had a sample not a full puck or stick.

Price: I didn't rate the price as this soap was given to me.
Quality: Good quality glycerin soap
Scent: The scent is lime yes, a bit spicy but I can't put my finger on it (which spice). Good stuff, a bit on the line if I would call it natural or artificial...
Lather: Very good lather on each shave, very happy!
Efficacy: No issues on any of the shaves, the soap delivers!
Moisturizing: Very slick! It's glycerin!

Conclusion: All around, very good soap, if you like lime, this one should be on your list. In my case, I liked it but not enough to put it back on.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This was a disappointing soap based on the weak Lime scent. The soap's lather was good and the lubricating was good but not great. As noted in the previous review the scent did pick up when the puck was brushed but it was still not that strong. Its a nice Lime scent but I would like more of it. This is a good product for the price but if you want a great Lime soap try QEDman's Lime soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Lime #3! :biggrin:

This is the third and final lime soap I have to try. If anyone wants to send me something else to play with, feel free! :tongue_sm

When I opened the container I was disappointed. Where is that lime scent? You really have to get your nose into the tub to smell it. The tub is a decent size at 4oz. It's a light plastic with a screw on top, and does it's job with a minimum of cost, I'm sure. At $6.50 it's not the cheapest soap out there, but it's far from the most expensive.

I was really looking forward to this mornings shave using this stuff, and turns out I was in for a treat. The almost nonexistent lime aroma became a green cloud in my bathroom as the hot water hit the soap. I was able to whip up a good lather very easily, and the scent stayed with me through the shave, unlike the Classic or Col Conk limes. The soap did a good job of letting my razor (Merkur barberpole, with a one-shave used Derby blade loaded) glide. There was ample lather to go back after the ATG stuff and chase the little guys at the corners of my mouth.

After the shave my face is not tight at all, which is kind of nice. The remnants of lather wiped off cleanly, leaving my face smooth but not gunked up. My skin is very sensitive, and I was expecting some irritation since people have remarked on how much of the essential oils Mama puts into her soaps. But both immediately after and now, two hours later, my face is completely at ease and BBS.

I did have to go back and rinse the lather off the sides of the tub. I guess I got a little carried away with it!

I only gave it an 8 on scent, because I would have preferred it even a little stronger than it was. But so far by far the best of the lot and the best soap I have used, period. Give it a shot! You can't go wrong with Mama Bear Lime.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)