What's new

Mama Bear's Lime ice

I'm a big fan of Mama Bear's soaps. I recently finished two of the three that I had, and since it's summer, decided to try the Lime Ice. Wow! Great lather right from the get-go. Tingly at first application, then the cooling sensation set in. I did two passes, rinsing with hot water between passes, then did a final hot rinse. Our tap water is from a well, so the cold water is pretty cold. Did a cold water rinse and expected to see icesicles dripping off of my chin. Great cooling effect! Topped it with some Skin Bracer AS for a great summer face freeze. This one is definitely a keeper!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
A bit heavier on the menthol would have been nice - otherwise great soap
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Mama Bears Lime Ice is one of my favorites. For the price, it is awfully hard to beat.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I'm new to all this, but I've tried a few soaps, and Mama Bear's is probably my favorite. I give the one 7 because I feel there could be a bit more, what I call "afterslip" (slip that remains when you've finished, especially noticeable with the additon of warm water, and I believe related to moisturizing, but also my own nitpicky detail:) Otherwise, I really dig this stuff - the lather builds fast, and it's positively silky. I'm an unscented fan, so I'm really grateful for this stuff. I do wish it came in pucks without the tub, as we don't all have plastic recycling close to where we live.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
Price: <$10, can't go wrong.
Quality : no issues here. Great container. beautiful looking, clear soap
Scent: COmpared to other Mama Bear soaps I've tried, this one doesn't knock my socks off, scent-wise. It smells more like a muscle rub than anything. Don't get me wrong, I still like it.
Lather Fantastic. I could have done many passes. It makes me wonder why I've ever used some of those other soaps with the disappearing lather.:confused:
Efficacy One of the best shaves of my entire life.
Moisturizing Perfect for summer. My face feels great. Not too oily or anything.

This is yet another winner from Sue, and I highly recommend it for the Summer months. Fantastic product.:w00t:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Wow, this soap gave me gobs of lather. It was running up/down my brush handle. The lime scent is not as strong as QEDs, however the presence of methol may have something to do with that. It was 86 degrees inside my apartment yesterday (no a/c) and I needed something with menthol. The lather came quickly as did the cooling effect. Nice and cool without numbing the face. The lather doesn't have much cushion but provides enough slickness.

Once you rince off your face with cold water, you'd think you had frostbite. Enough to rival Osage Rub. I'd recommend this as a summer soap to anyone!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Decided to use the Shavemac 22579

displayimage.php

Soaking the Silvertip

displayimage.php

Preparing the soap for lathering

displayimage.php

Giving the Shavemac a good squeez

displayimage.php

Hitting the Limey Mentholated goodness w/ the brush

displayimage.php

About 30 seconds of charging the brush

displayimage.php

Lathered up and ready to go

displayimage.php

Makeshift Scuttle for keeping the lather nice and toasty

displayimage.php

Alrighty, sooo....

Price I got this soap for 8 or 9 bucks straight off of Mama Bear's website. Its not nearly as pricey as some of my tripple milled soaps but just as good.

Quality There's not much to say, quality is top notch

Scent ohhh.... its deliciously limey

Lather This soap, as do all of Mama bear's whip up some tremendous lather in no time. Its super slick and very easy to make. I find that the lather is best when face lathering but its great in a bowl as well.

Efficacy It does what its suppose to do and it does it well

Moisturizing Well, its certianly not drying :lol:

If your looking for a real menthol kick then this soap is where its at. A tremendous soap for a tremendous value. I highly recomend this soap, especially for the warm summer months.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)