What's new

Mama Bear's Hydrogen shaving soap

I've got six of Mama Bears soaps and they all lather well, cushion well, moisturize well, they're a very reasonable price and superb quality. This soap is no exception but I hate this scent - all the others I've got smell wonderful this one is awful. Horses for courses I guess because everybody else seems to love it.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I love this soap! The only reason I put a 9 for quality is because the label is fading and a more waterproof label would just make it perfect. Can't say enough about this soap.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I love this soap. Great fragrance, just wish it was a little stronger. Mama Bears soaps are all soooo good, I need to place another order soon. :smile:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I received some of this stuff yesterday, and had to wait till today to use it :mad:.
Well I woke up this morning and ran into the bathroom when I remembered what I'd got! After I washed my face, I cracked open the Hydrogen Shave soap - WOW, what a great smell!!!:biggrin:
I got my pre-warmed and wetted badger and whisked him round a few times in the bowl. The lather seemed almost instant!! - the brush had hardly been near the soap and lather was flowing everywhere!! YIPPEEEE!!!!
I covered my face with the rich, creamy lather and armed my self with a feather loaded Merkur progress on 3.
Two extremely enjoyable passes later I had nothing left on my face to shave :sad:!!

What a great soap!!! - Many thanks Mama bear!!!

I Can't wait to shave again tomorrow !!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
I got a sample of this from a fellow B&B member.

While I do like the scent, I find it reminds me of a girlfriend's shampoo scent.

I enjoy the scent, but I don't find it all that masculine or gender neutral.

-joedy
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
Hydrogen, where do I begin... First off, the smell...it's like no other, completely amazing. This was the first Mama Bear soap that I opened up and I was taken aback by how wonderful it smells...made me want to eat it! The bar that I tried was one of the new ones with Vitamin E and Shea Butter, and my face felt completely moisturized for the rest of the day. I have a pretty dry face, and I usually have to apply moisturizer to it right after shaving and before I go to bed, but after using this soap, my face was smooth all day long. Mama Bear's new combo of Vit E and Shea help tremendously. If anyone that felt like they didn't want to try it because they heard it might be too drying, I suggest they reconsider it. =)
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Great overall soap. The scent is very clean & refreshing and lingers for quite a long time. Not quite as moisturizing as a cream but still quite good. Provides an excellent shave for a great price
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
A very enjoyable soap. It's a great scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Really great soap... I had to work harder with this soap than with others to get a good lather, but that's no big deal.

The smell is great. I wish I could think of what it reminds me of...
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Another one of Mama Bear's beauties I received not long ago, from a gentleman here, I was anxious to try it out right away, and I was impressed! The scent is beautiful, it lingers a long time, it lathers wild and crazy, and the shave is first-rate. Perhaps the moisturizing could be stepped up a bit, otherwise, I want this soap in my rotation on a regular basis.

Jeff
Top Bottom