What's new

Mama Bear's Good Morning Honey!

This soap has all the great qualities of Mama Bear Soaps except I just don't like the smell. It is very strong. I realized that I don't like my soaps smelling like food. Mama Bear has hit the smell on the head, it really does smell like honey. Just not my bag. I don't think I would ever buy this product again.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This stuff smells mighty good. If you like the almond scents the Good Morning Honey should be in your collection. I mean almonds, honey, oatmeal and a hint of beeswax...GOOD MORNING HONEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Greetings fellow Badgers! This review will be on Mama Bear's Good Morning Honey! shaving soap.

First off, I love Mama Bear's soaps. If you are just starting out on your DE shaving odyssey or a veteran, Mama Bear will meet most (if not all) of your shaving needs. There are very few vendors out there that are as professional and courteous as Mama Bear.

I have been using this product for about three months. I shave with a Merkur 34C loaded with a Feather blade. I use a Lomani synthetic brush.

Having said that, lets get on with it!

Price: Outstanding as usual. I bought this soap along with English Leather and neither of them are about to run out anytime soon (I'm a daily shaver). A tub of shaving soap seems like it will last me a really long time (maybe a year?).

Quality: :thumbup1: As always, excellent quality.

Scent: Do you like waking up to the smells of oatmeal and honey? If you do, this soap is for you! Great scent that is unobtrusive and very soothing in the morning. The scent sets you in the mood for waking up and getting your day started. To me, the scent could stand to be a bit stronger, but the place it is at right now is acceptable.

Lather: Good Morning Honey! lathers well, but not as well as other Mama Bear's soaps. It seems that when I lather in a bowl, the lather can be ruined by too much or too little water. I feel that I have to be very precise in the amount of water I add compared to other soaps by Mama Bear. But since I lather straight to my face, I don't experience this very often. If you get the right combination, then the lather is very creamy and does a great job keeping the face slick and the whiskers soft. Loading the brush in the tub itself before lathering on my face gives me four to five passes.

Efficacy: As mentioned before, this soap gets the job done. It is a great introduction to the morning. Try using it when you feel grumpy or if it's raining when you wake up; it'll definitely brighten your day.

Moisturizing: My face wasn't as moist as it is with other soaps, but it was acceptable. I tended to dry out a bit in between passes but this is alleviated by dampening my face again with warm water before re-lathering and shaving.

Finals notes:

I am very happy with this shave soap. I purchased this soap along with English Leather. Although I like English Leather a little better (the scent is out of this world!), Good Morning Honey! will definitely liven up what would have been a glum morning. I get a good lather with my synthetic brush, but I suspect user experience will change for the better when using a high quality badger brush.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)