What's new

Mama Bear's Dublin Tweed Soap

Pros: Scent, lather, price
Cons: Price
I love the scent of Dublin Tweed! It lathers easily, although I had to add some water each pass as it would somewhat stiffen up, no problem. It is my first product from Mama Bear and I will make future purchases once this is used up, for sure.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Scent, Efficacy
Cons: Moisturizing
Price - 8 - Good good value, though if one loads heavy it goes fast. Quality - 9 - Great Scent - 9 - One of my favorites. Subtle. Lather - 7 - Good later. Always better than I expect. Efficacy - 9 - I get great, close shaves with Mama Bear soaps Moisturizing - 6 - I'm spoiled by Cella and Shea Butter soaps. Overall this is a very nice soap.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
my brother also gave me the shaving soap and i have been loving it ever since . Going to the website and gonna order me some more of the tweed shampoo and get my bro something for turning me on to this stuff. Quite literally the best performing lather and scent i have ever used. :thumbup:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Bought one of the sticks to take on a business trip to China. My brother has used several Mama Bear's soaps and suggested I give the stick a go.

I love the scent and the lather the stick gives, I will definately be buying more of this in the future.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Goes really well with the matching cologone from mama as well. I need to get the shampoo and an aftershave milk in the same scent now, its that good!
I received a container of this soap in a mixed package I purchased on the B/S/T, which was my first-ever experience with Mama Bear soaps.

I'll definitely be ordering more.

The scent of this soap is amazing and quality of the soap and the lather it produces is superb. It has a rich, cologne scent that doesn't overpower after the lather is washed away.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Though new to DE shaving, I have been wet shaving for about 3 years now, an exclusive cream user until recently. Having read about Mama Bear's soaps, I went that way for my first glycerin shave soap, and was intrigued by descriptions of her Dublin Tweed scent. This is my first review, so here goes...

Price: At $8.99 for a 4 oz tub or $6.99 for a convenient 2 oz shave stick. How can you complain?

Quality: This is top notch. There is such care that has clearly gone into developing a modern version of the classic Green Irish Tweed scent. In addition, the appearance and attributes of the soap in practice reflect a recipe that has been tested and refined to give great results.

Scent: I found the scent very appealing. It is very understated, but lingers for a long time. Sue's description lists Mysore sandalwood, ambergris, violet leaves, French verbena and Florentine iris as notes that you pick up. My nose isn't that discriminating, but I can say the combination smells good. I could swear that I smelled something very similar to this when visiting my grandfather when I was growing up. YMMV.

Lather: I used the shave stick version of Dublin Tweed and followed the instructions for using shave sticks in the Sticky section of the Soap forums here. As a result, I applied more than I normally would, and face lathering gave me a very slick, cushiony lather that held up well on face and in the scuttle. Unlike other soaps I have tried, the lather did not immediately dissipate in the water after a rinse. Face lathering, I easily had enough lather for 4 passes and touch ups, with some left over.

Efficacy: Outstanding. I routinely get BBS shaves with Dublin Tweed, with nary a nick or weeper in sight.

Moisturizing: I admit to being spoiled by GFT, CF and Salter creams, and unfortunately, the soap was not up to that level as a moisturizer. It was still quite good, relatively speaking, but I needed a good moisturizing balm at the end.

All of that being said, this is another winner from Mama Bear's stable of glycerin soaps. I have really enjoyed great close shaves and a classic scent to boot.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)