What's new

Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood shaving soap

This is my first rating so I will try to be as informal as possible. First of all, I've been using Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood Shaving Soap almost exclusively for over a month and I have to say that this is the best smelling ANYTHING I have ever smelled. I say anything just because that's what I mean, anything. The scent alone is simply amazing but when I follow a shave with regular store brand witch hazel as an aftershave, it turns incredibly amazing. To best describe the scent, I would have to say it's peppery cloves with a hint of burnt wood and sweetness.

I give this soap 10's all the way across. Performance wise, I've used lots of different soaps from Tabac, Speick, ToBS, Trumpers, AoS, Williams and VDH but this seems to out perform them all to me. I've tried to imagine how it could perform any better but short of wielding the razor for me, I cannot see how it possibly could. Since I shave in the shower, I also regularly bath with it. Again, it's incredible as a bath soap too. Best of all, my wife really likes the way I smell after a shower.:w00t:

I am about halfway through my first puck and I'm going to buy another along with the bath soap and room spray soon. I truly hope that Sue decides to keep this in her line-up. Any burn that some people get from this soap is surely from the clove like ingredient that is in it. It is only very slight and minute, somewhat enjoyable really, and should not detract from the otherwise astounding scent and performance of this otherwise wonderful product.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Got this a while back and I like it so much I just had to review it. The price is great as are all of the Mama Bear soaps, I only wish I had bought a few other scents and saved on shipping. There will be more MB soaps on the way soon!
The scent of this soap is great and there's plenty of it too:w00t:. I enjoy the scent so much that I usually don't use a scented aftershave in my post shave routine with this, just a splash of witch hazel and a bit of unscented face lotion.
The lather from this soap whips right up easily with any of my badger brushes after letting about a teaspoon of water sit on the surface for a few minutes and loading up a soaked and then well shaken brush. I get tons of thick, rich, slick, meringue textured lather with very little effort. There is always plenty of lather left in the bowl and the brush even after a four pass shave with some extra touch-ups for difficult areas of the neck. Did I mention slick? This lather is slippery as greased glass, the blade just glides right over my skin and the richness of the thick lather provides great cushion. I've only gotten a couple drops of blood in four or five shaves with this soap and those were due more to my being over zealous with the touch ups on my neck than a lack of quality in the lather.
The only rating I gave less than a 10 is for moisturizing, the soap doesn't dry my face out like some others have, but it doesn't really seem to moisturize either. I can live with that as I usually only need to moisturize in the winter since my skin is a bit on the oily side.
Overall, this is a great product and I can't wait to get more Mama Bear soaps to try!:thumbup1::thumbup1:

Al
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is absolutely one of my favorite soaps that Mama Bear produces, the scent is incredible. I am sorry to hear that some people are having a reaction to it and that it is being discontinued, I am going to have to stock up before it is gone forever.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
We all know the quality of Mamma's Soap, it's great, but the best thing about Dragon's Blood is the great smell. As a matter of fact, I like it so well that I ordered the colonge as well.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Highly recommend. Wonderful lather and unique scent. It really starts the morning off on a high note.
I Have many of Mama Bears soaps and this is one thats on a different level.. Where it comes to the scent its indescribable and its slickness is up there with her best.. The only thing is some people have some sort of reaction with it. My skin has never been too sensitive to anything but I can feel what they're talking about. I still would never part with my Dragons Blood and when her current stock is done it'll never be made again. (Hope she lets me know before they're all gone, so I can assure another).
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
This stuff smells amazing. Dragon's Blood makes you smell like a cowboy and I mean that in the best way possible.

As for the utility, mama bear's soaps do what you would expect from a good shaving soap and I'd just be echoing what everyone else has said of her products.

I noticed on her site she states she's discontinuing this scent because people with sensitive skin may experience an adverse reaction to it. Sue, please keep selling this and just put up a warning along with the description.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Can you tell this is my favorite soap of all? This scent is out of this world! If you read any other reviews of Sue's soaps you don't need me to tell you that they work...very well. I must always have this soap nearby. :blush:
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Let me start by saying that by-and-large, I'm a shaving cream guy. That said, Mama Bear's Dragon's blood blew me away. Fantastic incense-like scent which lingers a bit post-shave (a good thing), so you may want to skip the cologne or wear something that matches. BBS shave except for my neck (not unusual for me). My only real "negative" is that it didn't later quite as much as I'm used to from a cream, but this is probably a fault with my technique and not the soap. All-in-all, a great, comforatable shave (3 passes, no irritation). HIghly recommended as a fall/winter scent and it will definitely take a place among all my shaving creams.

Mama is also experimenting with scented candles... I'd love to try this (along with Smokin' scent) in a candle form also. Both are very masculine and pleasant.

Stay tuned for future reviews of Smokin' and Energy.

EDIT: I can't seem to get the ratings to stick, but all 9s and 10s. I gave "lather" an 8, but again, this may be due to my technique and not the soap.
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This a great soap. I really like the scent.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I received this soap from the generosity of a very nice fella on this board, and I'm very soon going to be sending him some goodies as a trade. When I first opened the bowl to have a sniff, I almost went through the ceiling. It's smells absolutely great! Spicy, exotic, and fiery! The lather is rich, creamy and foamy, the overall shave is smooth and comfortable, the moisturizing and skincare is very good too, although a tad less than a few other soaps I have. Still, definitely a heck of a good shaving soap.

Jeff
Top Bottom