What's new

Mama Bear's Dragon's Blood shaving soap

If you can remember walking into a head shop (a teenager for my generation) and seeing albums like Motley Crue and Ratt available in Lp, cassette, or even in new compact disc format, then you'll appreciate the scent of this devine soap. It smells exactly like the incense that filled the air in most of these stores.
Lather, have I talked about the lather? There are very few soaps that lather as well as MamaBears soaps. It's very hard to screw up the lather made from this soap as it's pretty forgiving. Too much water, just keep swirling and soon you'll have too much lather!
2 thumbs up, highly recommended. If you have sensative skin, you may want to be careful and try a different scent as some people have experienced a burning sensation. Most shavers have experienced a "Zen" sensation!
-Fred
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Great Soap! Rik already said what I think.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
Let me begin by stating this fragrance exudes testosterone. When it's layered with Sue's Dragon's Blood bath soap (available on eBay) you have a powerful combination that carries its own weight without the need for cologne. I've received a huge number of compliments on this fragrance!

I have not used a shaving soap that exceeds the lathering properties of this soap - it is first rate. What I find amazing is the consistency from fragrance to fragrance. I literally can reach into my drawer :redface: of Mama Bear's shaving soap, randomly pick a container, and know precisely how it will perform: copious amounts of lubricious lather providing excellent moisturizing properties and a fragrance that takes command of the room!

Dragon’s Blood shaving soap has become one my favorite soaps. Nicely done Mama Bear!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I got some of this from another forum member, who couldn't take the face-burning. Luckily, my face seems unfazed by the stuff. As Sue told me, if you can tolerate this stuff, you can tolerate anything!

The price is definitely right, and the lather is indeed amazing. I'm personally not blown away by the scent - it's a little too spicy for my tastes. But, I still enjoy using it, if nothing else for its ease of lather.

The only other complaint that I have is that the soap is pretty drying for me - I need to be careful to not use an alcohol based A/S. If I hit it with Proraso balm or even just some regular moisturizer, though, I'm fine.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is a soap which apparently some guys experienced irritation from, but for as sensitive as my hide is, I'm only able to say great things about it. I'd place it in the same category as my beloved Arko soap, a rich, spicy scent, almost exotic in nature, a great lather, and excellent razor glide. 20 swirls in the soap bowl will give enough lather for 5 guys to shave! Sue, keep up the great work my dear, this soap can blow away a lot of the top English brands!

Jeff
Top Bottom