What's new

Mama Bear's Diogene's Club

Item Description

Just got this soap and was blown away by it. Of course being MB you know it is top notch but this is a fantastic soap. It is a limited run, when it's gone, it's gone. A subtle, soft tobacco aroma and an incredibly slick lather, it is only about 1% off of perfect. Nicely moisturizing, far better than C&E Nomad, which is pretty good itself. Whipped up quickly and easily with a pure badger brush and gave 4 passes without trouble. I used some unscented balm after just out of habit and not wanting to cover the lingering soft scent. A truly excellent, gentleman's experience!

Latest reviews

This is my second review of Mama Bear's soaps. I recently received this soap as part of an order. I tried Rose Chypre first but, even for a lover of rose scented soaps and creams, this one vaulted ahead of it. The fragrance is difficult to describe - the notes are bergamot and tobacco but the way they blend is simply amazing. The soap lathered richly and well and nearly effortlessly. The fragrance stays true through lathering and made the process more pleasant than normal. I did three passes and had sufficient lather for more. The cushion and lubrication are second to none. No irritation/burning when I splashed with an alcohol based A/S. I'll be very sad to see this one go and I hope to order more before it's gone.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
Definitely one of the best soaps I´ve tried. This lathers up even more nicely than Tabac Shaving Soap. The scent is one of my favorites! Amazing stuff'!
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
joselastra;943121 said:
this soap was a collabaration between me and sue. the original scent was a bergamot tabacco candle i recieved as a gift. although the scents were different, Mama bear came up with a fantastic alternative. this soap smells so good, a little peppery a little citrusy. not for the sensitive skinned however. as with ALL sues soaps, they re top notch at a great great price.

I loved the scent but I am among the more sensitive-skinned, and could not use it. I sold it - but if this were an EDT or a cologne... BAM! I'd be on that train in a heartbeat.

Item information

Added by
DeaconKC
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Shaving Soaps (Reviews)

More from DeaconKC

Top Bottom