What's new

Mama Bear's Creme Brulee

After having read so many glowing reviews of this SS, I just had to get a slic-errrr, puck.

One of the best smelling soaps in the shave world. It reminds me of her discontinued Butterscotch and Vanilla(which I still have), but without the FO burn.

It is nice seeing a glycerin soap that is dark rather than see through. The vanilla in this soap gives it it's color(and scent!).

On to the review-I shaved with this soap @ noon today and my face still feels soft as a baby's bottom. You would think that I have used lotion or a moisturizer, but other than Mennen Spice A/S, I didn't. 2 passes w/ a Super Iridium(2nd shave) loaded in a Blue Lady and my shave was done. I gave this soap 10's in moisturizing, efficacy, lather,and scent. It's unusual for me not to use an asb when the weather gets cooler but none was needed- or looked for.

Pricewise I gave it an 8(worth it!) and quality was a 9. Another winner by Mama Sue!

marty
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
I have to admit, of all of the Mama bear's soaps that I use, this is quickly becomming my favorite.
The sweet smell of toasted creme brule is a GREAT way to start the day.
As noted before, this soap does seem to lather easier than most MB soaps I have used, and the scent is incredible. I occaionally get a nice whif of it across my face hours after my shave is done. It isnt strong enough to overpower any cologne, but it definitely is a nice reminder of the shave I had a bit ago.
I highly recommend this to anyone thinking of getting a Mama bear's soap, and if you use Mama bears, and DON'T have this yet... stop denying yourself this early morning shaving pleasure! :001_tt1: :001_tt1:
This one is with out a doubt a true winner. If you like the soft smoky undertones of coffee and the sweet smell of creme and vanilla, you will love this soap. And it is a Mama Bear creation which mean great quality for the price.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
I have been wanting to review this soap for a while now because the scent is simply divine!

Price: All of Mama Bear's soaps are very reasonably priced. This one is only $7.99.

Quality: The quality is first-rate. The soap is very generously poured into the tub and has a uniform color and texture. I know it will take me months to use it all up. This soap is a very rich shade of brown due to its high vanilla content which is noted on Mama Bear's website.

Scent: Isn't this what we are all here for? Upon opening the jar, the smell of burnt caramel just overwhelms your senses. The soap is very true to the smell of the actual dessert. The scent is rich and warm with notes of vanilla and caramel. Somehow Mama Bear strikes the perfect balance so that the scent doesn't come off smelling sugary sweet, just rich and delicious. I reach for this soap whenever I need to put a smile on my face. It really makes you hungry.

Lather: For some reason, it was easier to lather with this scent than my other Mama Bear's soap. I'm assuming all of her soaps have the same formulation except for the scent so it might just be my technique. The lather was thick, shiny and exceptionally slick.

Efficacy: This soap provided a very quick, smooth shave. My razor did not drag at all. Really excellent.

Moisturizing: This soap leaves my skin nice and moisturized. Never tight. You don't really need to follow up with an after shave balm. I wouldn't want to layer anything that would conflict with the scent.

Overall: This is such a delicious, mouth-watering scent to own. If you are a fan of caramel and vanilla notes this is a soap you must try at least once! :thumbup: I even think this soap would blend well with the caramel notes of Saint Charles Sue's New Spice cologne.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)