What's new

Mama Bear's Cocoa Shaving Soap

Mama Bear's soaps are rapidly becoming my favourite shave products full stop, regardless of price or whether soap/cream.

I own many other highly regarded soaps, including Tabac, SCS, MWF, Trumper's Coconut, Palmolive, etc.

Of all my soaps, Mama Bear's just work, and work exceptionally well, all of the time.

I don't think I've had a bad shave yet with them - something that cannot be said of my other soaps.

They make my skin feel great both during and after the shave. Some hard soaps have irritated my skin at times, particularly if I've shaved too close. I feel some slight discomfort when rinsing off.

Not so with Mama Bear's! Always leave my skin very comfortable, with no redness or irritation whatsoever, even when aiming for BBS.

The Cocoa is the latest in my collection and I'm not disappointed. Same great shave, lovely warm cocoa (not chocolate!) smell.

A must for the colder months! :biggrin:

John
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Lather
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
This is easily the best product I've used since I started wet shaving. I bought a tub as a surprise for Mrs. Chip but she's going to have to share with me. My only other Mama Bear soap is the pure neroli oil soap she made up a while back, it's one of my favorites, but this easily beats it.

When we received the soap and opened the tub we were greeted by a rich brown very similar to dark chocolate. The smell is not at all sweet, which did go against our expectations, I would say it's very similar to fresh cocoa powder. During and after shaving I kept catching whiffs of cocoa. The scent was never overpowering but it lingered for a while. This is a soap that will make you very popular with the ladies because of its subtle "fancy chocolate" scent. All in all, it's very unobtrusive, which is how I think a scent should be.

The quality of the lather from this soap was excellent. It took very little work to get a thick and lubricating lather; I was able to do my second pass without applying more. I normally do a two shave pass but this stuff was good enough to warrant a third pass. According to Mrs. Chip I got an excellent BBS shave and smelled like chocolate without smelling overly sweet.

I recommend this product to any night shavers because it isn't such a strong scent your significant other will kick you out of the bed. I also recommend it to the morning shavers because of how long the scent lasts. I definitely recommend it to the guys that are trying to pick up ladies. :wink:

Seriously, do yourself a favor and try this stuff out.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Lather
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)