What's new

Mama Bear Rosemary Mint Shampoo

I bought a sample of this stuff and must admit I was pleasantly surprised with it.
The scent is virtually the same you get with the shave soap one of my favorites personally . lathers just as well as Sues shave soaps with a very small amount .
I used it when it arrived and the whole house smelled of this wonderful Scent I can never say enough good things about Sues products by far one of my top sellers that I have found from B&B

PS If you have not gotten your wives you should try the Tahitian flowers as a shampoo got it for my wife and she LOVES it uses the shave soap and shampoo
Price: At $1/oz it isn't value priced, but it's certainly a cheaper alternative to the high-end boutiques.

Quality: Excellent.

Latherability: It's the oddest thing. This is the first shampoo I've ever tried that lathered drastically differently in the first and second application. First time around, there's little to no lather at all, just a film that covers you hair while scrubbing. Rinse that out, however, and *BOOM*, the second lathering explodes. It might not work for everyone, but I rather like it that way.

Scent: More peppermint than rosemary, though the rosemary was definitely present. If you try this shampoo without trying the AOS line (also rosemary and peppermint) you'll probably be satisfied, but I was left wanting the absolutely incredible strength that AOS has. Their shampoo and conditioner are so full of rosemary and mint EO that opening the container gives your nostrils an incredible waft of scent. Washing your hair with said products quite literally will fill the house, or at least a floor of the house, with an absolutely glorious scent.

Efficacy: The reason I ordered this shampoo in rosemary mint (before it was advertised as Sue's personal choice) was because of the aforementioned AOS products. Besides the scent, I was particularly impressed with the effect that the rosemary and mint EO had on my scalp, giving me an invigorating and cleansing tingle that jump-started my day in a fabulous way. While I do prefer Sue's shampoo formula to that of AOS, it would be greatly improved by a bigger kick to the scalp. Hm, perhaps a customized order is called for...?

Packaging: It seems that Sue has changed bottles since I purchased, and it looks for the better. My bottle was rather short with a fairly rigid plastic that's making it more difficult to squeeze out as I get further down. While I of course haven't actually tried it, the newer bottle looks to be a great improvement. I must, however, take marks off for purely aesthetic reasons, as I'd prefer a more classic label, a la QED.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Latherability
5.00 star(s)
This all started with a PM to Mama Bear.

I've had this low-level constant itchy and mildly flaky scalp for a year or so now. I used to use coal tar products back in the day, but I refused to go back to them. They stink and are really harsh, and I hate to think what else they are doing to me.

So I PMed Sue and asked if she knew any natural alternatives. She suggested I could try her Rosemary Mint shampoo as she had experimented with it herself and had success.

Naturally, an order was on the way in the next month. I tried it out for a while (another month) and am pleased to report my findings.

This mixture worked very well on containing the symptoms. I still have some flaking, but way less, and the itchiness has gone totally. It took about a week and a half to start fully feeling the effects, and just at the four week mark now I can say it is fully working in. But I don't feel like I'm harming my hair (and whatever else) by using it.

Like reports I've read about her shave soap of the same fragrance, the smell in the morning is a welcome blast and an eye-opener. It lathers fantastically and leaves my hair looking very nice and together. (I tend to have flyaround hair unless the shampoo is just "right", whatever that is.)

All in all, a wonderful product for me and one I will certainly be buying again! Price is 9 only because of shipping. O Canada! :biggrin:

Discussion thread be hyar.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing